Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Piercing ages

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

Does anyone know how old you have to be to get your upper ear (cartilage) pierced without a parents signature? I was going to go down in a minute, but suddenly realised if I do need my mums signature she's in Telford Hospital, 45 minutes from here. I'm 17, but suddenly had a thought that the age might be 18, anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    Yup, you have to be sixteen, so no signature needed :)
  • Options
    Curiously enough, theres no actual law about this. But the accepted "unwritten" rule is 16....anywhere that doesnt stick to that aint worth risking your flesh over.

Happy healing
  • Options
    And make sure they use a needle not a gun! -if I'm not too late with the advice?
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    And make sure they use a needle not a gun! -if I'm not too late with the advice?

Nooo not been yet, wimped out on Saturday and wimped out today
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    Nooo not been yet, wimped out on Saturday and wimped out today

I had mine done about a week ago now, and I'm not really soft at piercings or anything but I do think it hurt! Its not as sore now but its a pain cos I keep sleeping on it on accident and stuff, just to let you know before you have it done! hehe.

I'm not trying to put you off though, it looks dead cool even if it does sting a bit :D