Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ThePoll: Tonight I'll mostly be...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll be on thesite having a mad time..eh NOT!!

Getting fucked as usual :yes:
    Work 8-1:30am (If i'm lucky) then off out to Bolton afterwards.

The bar closes 11:30 - 12:30 though and we can drink as much as is humanly possible for free in that time. Get in.
    JsT wrote:
    Forced to stay in with the family :|
    how can your family force you to stay in :confused:
    lipsy wrote:
    how can your family force you to stay in :confused:
    emotional blackmail is the most effective method
    Youngbull wrote:
    dont worry we're drink your share too. think of it this way at least you wont have a hangover in the morning
    Whoa there son, you think I don't have a liquor cabinet? :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    At home, with mum. Hate it, I wish I was at some party or something... But who'd invite me? :(
    lipsy wrote:
    out of interest.. who's spending NYE on thesite?
    At the time when the year will change for you, I'll probably be on here because of the time difference. But not when it changes for me.
    Whoa there son, you think I don't have a liquor cabinet? :D
    yeah who doesn't but not the same. we drink your share from the pubs/clubs/bars etc... well i wont as at a house party with lots of cocktails
    Youngbull wrote:
    yeah who doesn't but not the same.
    The hangover is :yuck: , and I distinctly remember you getting my hopes up on that issue, you tease :flirt:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Shall take in the bells in the house but will probably go to the pub afterwards.
    nowt. new year's eve is just any other day to me. might as well be the 31st of march, or the 31st of august, except with the added inconvenience that the shops will be closed tomorrow, but the bonus that i have a couple of extra days off work.

if you don't drink and are not single, nye is fairly pointless.
    Nowt, staying in getting very drunk on proper cider (farm produced not mass produced) and sulking becuase I got stood up last night AGAIN! I dont celebrete new year anyway, so its a normal night for me.
    I'll probably be on tonight as it will only be 6pm here :p
    I most likely will be at my home, hanging with my twin and her fiance. I would rather be with someone ELSE, but doesn't sound like it'll happen this year. So i guess i'll enjoy playing Drunk Uno. instead of getting that midnight kiss or having a good start of the year with someone i deaply love.
    kaffrin wrote:
    nowt. new year's eve is just any other day to me. might as well be the 31st of march, or the 31st of august, except with the added inconvenience that the shops will be closed tomorrow, but the bonus that i have a couple of extra days off work.

if you don't drink and are not single, nye is fairly pointless.

Someone else whos feels the same!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We ended up not going to the pub and just stayed in and watched TV.

TBH, I don't find it sad staying in over new years and posting on thesite or whatever. It is just a glorified weekend and I am not one for going out, getting plastered and not knowing how I got home.

It is those who were on thesite on Christmas Day that I feel more sorry for tbh.
    I went round to visit some relatives, then came home and just stayed in with the family..
    I went to a niteclub, good craic mainly but there was too many 16 yr olds there, it was their big night, going to a niteclub for the first time and all that craic. I ended up getting fucked and went to a house party afterwards, good buzz all in all.

ETA:I was taking a piss when they counted down and was still taking a piss when it hit zero. Everyone was celebrating and I was just being a silly mess taking a piss :D
    nearly was goin to stay in for the piss up at home, ended up lending 30 quid and went out and didnt hardly pay for a drink, good lot of us were out. ended sleeping at a party on the floor and my mates jack russel ate my resin . supped a lot and spent 12:00 in a black cab arseholed shouting and getting the driver motivated on the way to a local pub for a lock in where we sang parklife a lot.
    loved it, all round big fat :thumb:
    Had an absolutely lovely night in a cute (albeit freezing) little cottage in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of spot-on people...what more can you ask for? :p

Shitloads to drink, bit of a smoke and then chilled out to the sounds of various people on guitar/the bongos and of course...a singalong! ;)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Emotional blackmail worked a treat, watched telly, in bed for 2 :<
    I was working yesterday 10am-2pm. Then went shopping for drink with me mate before I had to go to me other job at 6pm-late.

I know I was working, but it was still good craic. Hardly any fights, no cheeky bitches to deal with, everyone was just all merry and silly drunks. And when I finally clocked out at 3am, I got to be the same. YaY :-)

Happy New Years Guys :heart:
    JsT wrote:
    Emotional blackmail worked a treat, watched telly, in bed for 2 :<
    i just dont understand. my parents wouldnt dream of asking me to stay in on nye.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I wish my parents wouldn't. I've only been back twice in 3 months, so they 'wanna spend some time with me", urgh
    I ended up going to a party with that cunt bad seed. Was a good laugh.

When Archaeologists Drink. This year's new horror sensation.
    I finished work at 6.30 then met a couple of friends and went to a house party on the next road(same number and everything!) Where we got fairly drunk. Although my friends didn't like the music...
    me and the other were in bed watching jools holland with a tub of haagen dasz.

turned over for the countdown on the beeb, and the light show (which my cousin-in-law-to-be did, if anyone's interested) commented on the unecessary amount of fireworks, turned back to jools and watched several amusingly drunk celebrities making music and fools of themselves and then went to sleep, followed by a curious lack of repeated drunked phonecalls from either my mother, aunt or cousin.

it were a good'un. :thumb:
    I was at the future-in-laws house party. It was horrible, and people kept going in t'other halfs room and going through the stuff in there to find things to do like get games out, making me very paranoid as all my stuff was in there. Complete invasion of privacy. We managed to get it back to ourselves at around 11:50pm, watched Jools Holland and stayed in there all evening. New Year is just another night to me, I don't care much for celebrating it too much.
    Oh i had fun. I love drinking and there was tons to drink. Played games and watched all the dogs fight. One is a baby pitt and he is such an instigator! so cute when he sleeps though. God I forget how good hand gernades are sometimes!!
    Had family dinner first at home, with mother, father, brother, uncle, aunts and a cousin. Great meal, ate like a pig (ate so much shrimp!)... Hugged everybody for the NY and then watched the fireworks from the roof of the building with a glass of champagne in our hands... beautiful.

Then around 2:00 headed for mate's house party, didn't think it would be anything out of the ordinary but turned out it was... had a amazing time, got drunk, danced until 7:30 am (which at this time of year was clear daylight already)

And now most of the day sleeping, eating again... Had a visit from my sister and my 4 month old nephew!!! He's just soooo cute. It's so funny watching my dad make a fool out of himself to entertain the baby :lol:
    briggi wrote:
    Had an absolutely lovely night in a cute (albeit freezing) little cottage in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of spot-on people...what more can you ask for? :p

Shitloads to drink, bit of a smoke and then chilled out to the sounds of various people on guitar/the bongos and of course...a singalong! ;)

Sounds pretty similar to my nYE, with a load of randoms in a cottage outside Dublin, loved it! Felt pretty rough this morning but it was nothing a decent fry and a bracing game of rounders on the beach couldn't sort!