Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My best mate is a slut.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I first met my friend she was like the perfect mate, we used to do best mate stuff. But it's been a few years now, and her whole life involves lads. She talks to lads on the internet, and meets up with them only after a few days, or weeks. She has also become a bit of a 'slut' because she sleeps with guys she barely knows. And she met up with a guy the other day and they did stuff together and she didn't even know him. I went out with a guy, and on the same night, she hooked up with his best mate and he fingered her and she wanked him.. in barely 2 hours of them knowing each other. Me and her are the complete opposites, she gets drunk every weekend, she smokes. We have different circles of friends. We've drifted apart and she's been a bitch lately. Should I ditch her or what? We only see each other in school these days, we have nothing in common anymore and all she wants to do is meet lads, where as I just want to chill out with my mates. Advice please.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    So your mate has fun. It doesn't make her a 'slut'. I reckon she should ditch you.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Its a bit rude and unnecessary calling her a slut.
    If you don't have the same interests, if you don't enjoy partaking in the same things then don't hang out as much. Maybe try and do something she likes one night, do something you like another. If your intent on keeping the friendship there needs to be comprimise, especially when one or both of you are changing.
  • Options
    She smokes and drinks? That's terrible.
    Does she gamble, too?

If you've drifted apart anyway, why is there any need to 'ditch' someone?
  • Options
    Well you aren't mates then anymore.

Just because you were mates before doesn't mean you'll be mates forever, she's choosen what she wants to do and you dont like it. Move on.
  • Options
    I'm not ditching her, it's just honestly, the way she is going about things, she is getting labelled as a slut by everyone, and all she does is get pissed and laid. She's only 15.
  • Options
    Is it all she actually does, or all she says she does? Either way, I think growing apart is all thats happened. It does happen sometimes, just accept it and move on is my advice, and find mates with more similar interests to yours if you aren't comfortable that you two have enough in common.
  • Options
    you'll meet loads more ppl when you start college / get a part time job / both.
  • Options
    Wonder if she knows her "mate" calls her a slut....
  • Options
    If you want to stay friends you two could learn from each other and your differences. You for instance, can learn about sexual relationships, the fun and the pitfalls through your friend, and she can learn about restraint from you. But, not if either of you are judgemental, she mustn'e make you feel shame for your purity and you mustn't make her feel guilty for her experimentation. If you can do these things, recognise and embrace your differences then you may keep your friendship for life- when you're in your twenties and beyond your sexualities won't seem so alien to each other. I remember a comment a more pure friend made to me when I was sixteen (I'm 23 now), it hurt me then and clouded our friendship to the death.
  • Options
    I had a friend at school who sounds just like that. Only she wasnt meeting guys on the net she was stopping ramdom cars and getting in them and meeting her guys like that. I ended up being labeled a slut aswell because I hung around with her even tho back in those days I was totally fridgid lol!

You need to have a sit down with her and just explain to her the dangers of what she is doing. Some thing could be happening to her at home and doing all this stuff is a coping mechanism. My old mate was getting beaten by her dad (tho not in a way that left any mark we could see with her clothes on)

If she insists on meeting up with these internet guys still be there for her, but in different ways, make sure you have his name and the adress of where they are meetin just incase she meets a dodgy guy.

I'm no longer firends with the girl I tried to help, but thats because she got in a mood one day and get me beaten up. Tis what happens when 15years old have a bottle of vodka with breakfast.
  • Options
    __tink wrote:
    I'm not ditching her, it's just honestly, the way she is going about things, she is getting labelled as a slut by everyone, and all she does is get pissed and laid. She's only 15.

I can see where you're coming from in that when I was sixteen that happened with a mate of mine. We used to be very close but naturally fell apart... Friendship is like that.

By the way by hanging around with somebody who behaves like that, you're risking people giving you the same label.
  • Options
    She doesnt't exactly sound like she is your friend anymore. I don't think there is a need to ditch her, because you are already split as friends. Although, i think your right to be worried about a girl who is that promiscuous at the age of 15. All the people here saying she is "only having fun" and making jokes are clearly not taking you serious and just using this as a chance to just be bitchy towards you.
  • Options
    just because she acts in way that you don't or that you don't approve of doesn't mean she's a slut. we all have different values and morals etc. just leave her to it.
  • Options
    my best mate sleeps with a few people where as im not like that and we both respect each other and know we think different. we still get on great, she's like the sister i never had.

We know what each other is like so our friendship works well.

Just have a chat with her, and remember it takes allsorts and everybody is different!
  • Options
    I can see where you are coming from, and it sucks...(no pun intended!)...That happened to me with my best guy mate I've ever had, and probably ever will. He is a pretty heavy drinker now, and is only interested in going out, getting drunk, and trying to get off with every girl wherever he goes to...He never used to be like that, and the odd time I can see him the way he was, but generally he is a totally different person...it's hard at the time, but you just have to move on, because other people will come along...:)
  • Options
    Sounds like two people drifting apart to me.

As for a friend calling her slut. Surely friendship has nothing to do with it. If she fits the definition, regardless of whether you agree with her actions or not, it would make her one. It just depends on your definition.
  • Options
    By the way by hanging around with somebody who behaves like that, you're risking people giving you the same label.

So you refuse to form relationships with people purely because they drink, smoke and have sex in case people presume you're likewise?

That's really sad.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    I agree. If my best friend called me a slag behind my back- she wouldn't be my best mate for much longer.

I think a lot of it has to do with people trying to hang on to the innocence of childhood and pushing everything associated with adulthood away from them.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    I think a lot of it has to do with people trying to hang on to the innocence of childhood and pushing everything associated with adulthood away from them.

Learn that in your last psychology lecture yea? :razz:
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    So you refuse to form relationships with people purely because they drink, smoke and have sex in case people presume you're likewise?

That's really sad.
    Not at all, so don't even attempt to judge me.

When you're young, people assume things about you even to when you grow older. If you're standing on a street corner with your chav mates and they're drinking cider people are going to assume you are taking part too. It's a fact of life, most people make assumptions. It is the same with the way you dress, your accent, your manners and so on...

It's common sense, no need to attack me for it.
  • Options
    I dont mean to sound old and such, but if shes 15 and being that promiscuous (sp?), doesnt bode well really does it.
    I think its good she has concerns for her "friend" but it sounds like you guys aint much friends anymore anyway.
    Maybe tell her you think shes being a bit too....full on, but dont expect her to go "oh ok, ill stop being a 'ho" cuz people tend to not like being told they're acting like a whore.
  • Options
    Not at all, so don't even attempt to judge me.

When you're young, people assume things about you even to when you grow older. If you're standing on a street corner with your chav mates and they're drinking cider people are going to assume you are taking part too. It's a fact of life, most people make assumptions. It is the same with the way you dress, your accent, your manners and so on...

It's common sense, no need to attack me for it.

I've always been of the opinion that if someone's a decent person who you get on with, that's the only basis you need for friendship. Regardless of their social habits.

If someone assumes something about you from your social circle...then they obviously don't know you...and if they don't know you, why care?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Learn that in your last psychology lecture yea? :razz:

No man, psychology requires too much work and I haven't been to a lecture for 2 years...

Philosophy all the way :cool:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Skive wrote:
    So your mate has fun. It doesn't make her a 'slut'. I reckon she should ditch you.
    God I love you ;[
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    If someone assumes something about you from your social circle...then they obviously don't know you...and if they don't know you, why care?
    When you're in school it does matter though, when you're very young. I get what you mean, you could say the same about the way you dress...

But people do make judgements and sometimes those judgements do matter, like when you're in school... Being a teenager you have so much on your plate as well as trying to fit in.
  • Options
    your best mate's a slut? introduce her to me!
  • Options
    __tink wrote:

People make mistakes, we need to find our own way in life. True friends are the ones that are there for them when they realise they have made mistakes. Without judgement. If you don't think you can do that, then no you shouldn't be her friend.
  • Options
    n00b1e wrote:
    your best mate's a slut? introduce her to me!
    your a twat
  • Options
    it does sound quite a concern that shes doing all that at such a young age. I hate the word slut though because theres no male equivalent that has the same derogatory meaning.
    If you dont like or approve of her behaviour and its bothering you a lot, then you really are under no obligation to be friends with her - same for anyone really. I dont really know what id do tbh. i probably wouldnt be so openly judgemental, especially bearing in mind what Zella quite rightly pointed out, you dont know whats happening/happened to her at home. People dont usually behave like that for no reason. Ive got no issue with people beng promiscuous if theyre careful but it just seems so sadly young to be sleeping around.