Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Thanks TheSite.Org!....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Helllloooo :wave:

Just wanted to say thankyou to TheSite.org.... In August, I filled in one of their surveys and won £20 of ODEON vouchers.... with there not being an ODEON in Stafford (because it is just plain naff) I chucked them in the back of my drawer and, consequently, forgot them :blush:

Then, on Wednesday, me and my boyfriend were raking through my drawers looking for a picture. He came across the *rather groovy* green envelope and asked what it was. We had a look, and clever old Chris told me he knew where there was an ODEON, about 40 minutes away. We called a couple of mates and had an ace night out to see Narnia - which I loved and am now reading the book. We got a McDonalds, watched the film *with two 'Couples Combos' (a large box of popcorn and two enormous drinks) and just had a damn good night out - even my boyfriend and two male friends enjoyed the film, depiste their pleas to see King Kong!!!

SO anyway *deep breath after her rambling* I justy wanted to say thanks TheSite.org for an ace night out!! :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    How does the film compare to the book then? Need to go and see it...!
  • Options
    Script is very different, essentials of storyline are there. Overall I really enjoyed it - found it better 2nd time when I wasn't obsessively checking subtle differences between the book and this adaptation!
  • Options
    I'm thinking of reading the books and see the movie after it has been released on DVD - which I hope it does.
  • Options
    Stafford? Small world... I was starting to think that nobody else in Stafford was online! ;)
  • Options
    UCI is part of odeon now, so if anyone still has vouchers left, you can go to a uci cinema
  • Options
    Stafford? Small world... I was starting to think that nobody else in Stafford was online! ;)

Goodness gracious! Someone other than me in this town knows how to use a computer!!! :wave: Hello there, you seen the panto at the Gatehouse yet? :lol:
  • Options
    Nope! Any good? Not been to the panto for donkeys years...
  • Options
    Not bad, made me giggle. Is that Vicki Fowler (real names disappeared, cant think) just going to be in it every year though? It'll confuse my sister.... it's two years running now
  • Options
    Ah, read about that in the paper. Maybe I'll go watch it next year :).
  • Options
    Peter pan next year apparently!! ;)

Goodness me, this has turned into a thread about Stafford... how very boring.

Next thing you know, people will be wondering about it and actually visiting... though, we have plenty enough of French tourists and Chinese students as it is... especially in my area!!
  • Options
    Stafford - the centre of the universe! :)

Forget the French and Chinese - it's all these Polish folk you have to watch for. They're starting to take over the town... at least they were(are?) up here.

I'm up on Wildwood, by the way. Was born in a bungalow up at Walton-on-the-hill.