Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Blister

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Type thing. On the inside of my lower lip. Developed over about 10 mins. I've never had coldsores and can't think of any way I could have caught them, so I don't think it can be that. I'm a bit worried it might be a canker sore. Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds to me like a canker sore, or you bit your lip without realizing it.

Over here there is "ambusol" or something which is just a topical oral numbing agent which you could put on if it hurts, other than that, theres not really much else to do but wait. A canker sore usually is gone in 3-5 days. They are nothing.
    Also, my dad told me that if you put alum on it, since its so bitter, it will dry out that area right there to keep you from biting it and irratiting it.
  • Options
    There's something called "gengigel" or something like that, it's similar to Bonjela. It helps to heal them up, I hate it myself but my dad swears by it.
  • Options
    show it to a pharmacist. they should be able to tell you what it is, and either sell you the appropriate ointment there and then, or tell you to see a doctor. very useful people. :)