Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how many people is ok

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
how many people would you want your girlfriend/boyfriend to have slept with. whats the maximum that you could handle? i think its better for lads to have had sex with more people than girls, what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it's irrelevant.
  • Options
    dont think it should matter. their with you now not someone else. but if the number is larger then they should have more experance and know what they like and want. if the numbers smaller you can help teach them lol
  • Options
    erm i dont think it matters, although i wouldnt like my boyfriend to have slept with half the city
  • Options
    You shouldn't be worrying about how many people they have slept with, it should be more of a case of how many other people are they sleeping with while they are dating you..hopefully zero.
  • Options
    yeah true, but i worry that wont happen for me lol! that maybe its too many on my part, its not hundreds or anything, just think that maybe its few too many!
  • Options
    Dont really care if they slept with no one else or 20 other people to be honest.
  • Options
    I think a minimum of 3. For the right person I'd make allowances at the start of a relationship, but if it hits 6 months and they still haven't slept with at least 3 people besides me, its probably curtains.
  • Options
    I wouldn't give a shit. The past is the past.
  • Options
    Fretting about something so unimportant in a relationship only cuts off the nose to spite the face. I couldn't care less, a past is a past.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Couldn't give a fuck.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Less than 1700. Anything more and I'd be skeptical.
  • Options
    Depends really on him as a person.

If he had slept with loads of girls and was constantly obsessed with bringing it up in conversation then i'd stay well away. Puts me right off

But it doesnt bother me as long as i dont have to constantly hear about what he's "acomplished"
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i think its better for lads to have had sex with more people than girls,

why?
  • Options
    exactly, why should guys be allowed more leeway? Are girls perfect and therefore are expected not to make mistakes? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    why?

Because otherwise we're skanky dirty little whores who deserve spankings ;)
  • Options
    girls should be allowed to do as they wish, with as much or as little respite from the general public
  • Options
    Yes, I also think it should not matter at all.
  • Options
    When I met my current girlfriend I was 24 and had never slept with anyone before. Would this not put anyone off me? Obviously it didn't for her, although she did, and still does to a certain extent, that because I haven't been with other people, this is something I will want to do in the future.

If a girl had slept with loads of guys, I would worry about her motives for doing so. If a girl had slept with loads of guys then I would be thinking she's not my type. There's nothing wrong with that if that's the way she wants to be, but that's just not the person for me.
  • Options
    I dont really bother me how many people a person has slept with. As long as they are clean from sti/d's and dont want to tell me all about their past shags then I'm fine. Not as if I dont have a bit of a past myself.
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote:
    If a girl had slept with loads of guys, I would worry about her motives for doing so.
    her motives.. and what would they be then?
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    why?
    i dunno, i think it is just the way ive learnt things, it as though lads get called studs and girls get called slags. dont know if its the same where you live, but theres always been a stigma attached to 'promiscuous' girls - just like to add thats not me!! lol!
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    i dunno, i think it is just the way ive learnt things, it as though lads get called studs and girls get called slags. dont know if its the same where you live, but theres always been a stigma attached to 'promiscuous' girls - just like to add thats not me!! lol!

So you just accept the way you learnt things and never question why?
  • Options
    I just ignore it because if I dwelled / dwelt on it then it would make me jealous and paranoid and give me that funny feeling in your stomach like when you go over a hill :(. Nicht gut. Having said that, I think its cool that me nor my girlfriend have any past experience, because we're kind of on a par :)
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    So you just accept the way you learnt things and never question why?
    well yeah pretty much as with most things, surely you dont question everything that u learn. its not something that i often think about, i just learnt that a man should have more experience than a woman. hey i dunno, and probably people will disagree with me, but its just what i think.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    well yeah pretty much as with most things, surely you dont question everything that u learn. its not something that i often think about, i just learnt that a man should have more experience than a woman. hey i dunno, and probably people will disagree with me, but its just what i think.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:

So you don't think women should be as sexual and have as much fun sex wise and be expermintal as men?

Why do you think the sexy commercials all have women? You can see a dozen commercials with scantily dressed women doing sexy things and the same number of commercials with chubby men just being men. Does that not try and teach you that women are sexual creatures?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    :rolleyes:

Well thought out post. Try not to give yourself a headache.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Well thought out post. Try not to give yourself a headache.

So you think bunny's post is worth replying to? The gist of which is "I think the way I do 'cos i can't be bothered to think any different"? How is that worthy of a serious reply?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    So you don't think women should be as sexual and have as much fun sex wise and be expermintal as men?

Why do you think the sexy commercials all have women? You can see a dozen commercials with scantily dressed women doing sexy things and the same number of commercials with chubby men just being men. Does that not try and teach you that women are sexual creatures?

Hmmmm, well thought out post. Learning about female sexuality through the lens of advertising. Don't give yerself a headache.

Has it occured to you, that actually adverts are just trying to sell a product and aren't actually in any way an indepth exploration of female sexuality? That in fact, most advertising actually portrays an explicitly male sexuality?
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

no true, hadnt thought of that. (except there is that quite tasty lacoste ad - dont know if you get it over there - yum!!) but what im saying is that ive been taught that its socially more acceptable for men to sleep around, but not for women. and that i would want my boyf to have more experience than me, i dont know why. :confused: