Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Opiates

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever experimented with any opiates? (not just heroin but codeine or another derivitive) I've heard some are available over the counter in some countries and the amount of reports on erowid.net show that opiates are widely used but here in the UK I don't really know anyone who recreational uses opiates who isn't a smack head.

Comments

• Options
    I've used a lot of opiates.
    The common ones are

Codeine, Hydrocodone, and Oxycodone
    Codeine is rather weak, its avalible OTC in Canada. Its used in Tylenol 3's

Hydrocodone is a step up, its still not to strong but whatever.

Oxycodone is where it starts to get interesting. It's relativly strong and rather desirable.

Though i have used heroin, i wouldn't consider myself a smackhead. I'm much more about the stimulants :yum:
  • Options
    I am partial to a few stimulents myself but I wouldn't mind maybe trying opiates in the future. Is it easy to get hold of any in the UK or would I have to get a prescription?
  • Options
    In all honesty my interest in opiates has never led me to make any real effort to get any so far and it may well never do. I do think the only opiates I would do would be pharacutical grade but who knows if I ever actually will.
    As for getting a perscription I could go to a docter and complain of a bad back and get codeine. Admittidly I would have to use some sort of extraction technique to make it into something with any use but still it is possible.
  • Options
    Dihydrocodiene is available OTC also.
  • Options
    No its not. DHC is prescription only. Codeine and paracetamol tablets are available OTC, with the codeine being in the phosphate form.
  • Options
    Sikorah wrote:
    Dihydrocodiene is available OTC also.
    you have to be joking!
  • Options
    Hmmm, codiene can be OK... had about 200mg earlier and felt quite nice for a while but it never really gets you feeling really nice. You always want to feel more but the side effects aren't really worth it. Find it nicer combined with a few valium and some smoke but that's just me I'm not reccomending that.

To be honest I'd leave opiates alone unless you're prescribed them, at times they simply feel too good. I think if I could always get pharm grade opiates then I would become very addicted very fast. I just take a few 30mg codiene with 500mg paracetamol occaisonally and get the pure 30mg codiene phosphates. Not good on my liver, but I think it's okay once a week or so as long as I keep alcohol intake to a minimum and eat as healthy as possible.
  • Options
    ^ Opiates are amazing. BTW man, you can do a cold water extraction to take out all the acetaminophen.

Theres a pretty big market for them here, but i'm in the USA.
  • Options
    *TQ* wrote:
    Has anyone ever experimented with any opiates? (not just heroin but codeine or another derivitive) I've heard some are available over the counter in some countries and the amount of reports on erowid.net show that opiates are widely used but here in the UK I don't really know anyone who recreational uses opiates who isn't a smack head.
    Codeine recreationally? Why? How? What would it do? Thought it was just good on pain.
  • Options
    OTC co-codamol have 8mg codeine/500 paracetamol

some prescribed co codamol is 30/500, kapake is 30/500 also - its pretty easy to get prescribed kapake ..

cold water extraction is easy, but its a lot of bother for what its worth

its nice for a change and a bit of smoke definatly goes down well with it, not something i'd bother with regularly
  • Options
    in england, codeine is in nurofen plus, 12mg in each.

split right down the middle, the codeine is on the n+ side.

i find it good to help me sleep if need be. part from that its quite weak. 300mg my usual dose
  • Options
    you have to be joking!

No, not at all.
    Just over 7mg of dihydrocodiene in Paramol which is an OTC medicine.
    Its not a lot though, 30 or 40mg is most commonly prescribed.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Codeine recreationally? Why? How? What would it do? Thought it was just good on pain.
    it's good for pain cos it's an opiate ...as in opium.