Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Toothache

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have toothache :(

I had my wisdom teeth removed last week on Wednesday at a hospital. I have a check-up with the maxillo-facial surgeon there next week.

I took anti-biotics (to prevent infections) for 5 days and finished the course. I have also been taking an anti-inflamatory pain killer which I got from the hospital but have just finished them.

Now in the last 24 hours or so one side of my mouth has become swollen and I have really bad tooth ache. It is slightly further forward in my mouth to the sites where the wisdom teeth used to be. I'm not sure if it is related to the wisdom teeth thing or not. I don't know if I should contact the dentist or the hospital department who were/ are dealing with the wisdom teeth.

It hurts loads.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh i feel so bad for you, ive experienced tooth ache really bad, for about a week i had it constantly, i couldnt sleep or anything, i went to my dentist about 3 times (to the emergency appts they do in the morning) and the stupid man said it would calm down and to take nurofen, then he gave me antibiotics the 2nd time, then the third time he said id have to wait for the antibiotics to take effect because i had an infection underneath my filling. i was ready for pulling it out myself, ive never experienced anything like it. i went to another dentist because mine wouldnt help me and he took the filling out and cleaned under the tooth and it was better! i couldnt believe it, soon got rid of my own dentist!

now ive finished my rant, ill say that maybe this is whats causing your pain? you might have an infection, good luck i know how you feel xx