Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Final Year Worries

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm in my last year of a course I've hated from the beginning and its getting to me now. It's never been right for me and I won't work in the area after. I have six months to go but this year is 75% of my degree.. and there's so much work to do. I'm working at my job about 25 hours a week to fund it and the stress is piling up.

I want to leave more than anything but should I just grit my teeth and get through it for the degree's sake? Even if I don't get the best degree class due to my wilting effort?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Finish your degree, you've worked hard so why drop out when you're so close to the finishing line? It will be a waste of three years otherwise.

Nuff said :).
  • Options
    But is a poor degree going to be worse for my CV in the long run?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd stick it out. Pointless doing a whole degree virtually, complete with debt, and leaving with nothing.
  • Options
    I think i needed to see it in black and white. It's like this degree has sucked every last ounce of energy out of me and I need to just struggle on with it.

It's like the end of Gladiators when they finish the assault course and run up the travellator to burst through the paper flaps to FREEDOM ;) I just need to get up it?
  • Options
    WE'RE THE GLADIATORS!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Awooooggaaaaaa!!!
  • Options
    I want a jelly baby.
  • Options
    Neil wrote:
    I want a jelly baby.

lol
  • Options
    i feel the same. i'm in my 4th and final year and i cant wait to get it finished!
  • Options
    though i think 25 hours a week for a job is nearing full time employment kinda, quite a lot of hours which may even harm your study, fair enough it might be necessary to survive, but i still thought it needed saying
  • Options
    Thats a fair point - I once did 46 hours in 8 days, plus lectures, leaving no time for study.

But there's what I'm gonna do after graduation to think of. Deposits on houses, and first months rent and things? Not to mention all the debt.

And also I think I go to work so I can avoid having to do Uni work.
  • Options
    doing that means you should probly quit now while you are ahead and just keep earning the money