Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Caffine!!!!!!!

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Seeing t'other topic made me think... As I recently have been living off caffine without sleep latley, mainly 2/3 hours a night, running off caffine. Mehehehe.

Any real long term affects to this? It'sj ust something I do now and again, i'll spend time not sleeping and running off caffine drinks. I suppose it's bad for me, but is it likley to do real damage?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    heh, i'm sure it can't be good for you - but what the hell
    stimulants usually hurt because of two things:
    1. Nutrition deprivation:
    - Watch what you eat, stimulants usually reduce appitite, pop a few vitamins and try to eat.
    2. Sleep deprivation:
    - While i'm sure you arn't doing any 3+ day caffeine binges, loosing even a couple of hours of sleep continuaously for a while isn't very good for you, try not to cut into sleeping to much.

Also watch out for Addiction.
    I know, sadly, caffiene can be addicting (hahaha). I've had a few friends who were addicted to caffeine. I'm sure it's a totally psychological addiction, but still something to watch out for.
    Getting hooked on a stimulant is bad news. you stop eating and sleeping it's just not fun.

Stimulants are amazing things, my personal favorite, but you have to respect them.
    good luck my man :cool:
  • Options
    I have drunk caffiene and alcohol for many years.

Alcohol isn't compulsive.

But caffiene is.
  • Options
    3+ days? I did five on Caffine at a LAN party. Ooops. :p Heheh.

I'll stop drinking it to stay awake all the time then. Heheh. It gets me thorugh every friday at college mind. Long day... Didn't know it was addictive. Eep.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    3+ days? I did five on Caffine at a LAN party. Ooops. :p Heheh.
    Is this a party that is an all night lock-in in an internet cafe?
  • Options
    Hahaha i went to a 3 day Lan party once. Possibly one of the most terrifying events of my life. There was no way i was going to sleep in the back room with all those people (as nice as they were), and one guys snoring sounded like a 747 i swear. It was in the middle of no where and the only food was crisps and pot noodles.

Actually as scary as it was, it was quite fun i guess.

Anyway, caffeine. I don't know about anyone else, but i always seemt o find that caffeine and other similiar stimulants don't really affect me no matter how much i drink / consume whatever. Is this normal? I can drink coffee all day, and pop a few pro plus' but it doesn't really seem to make me any more alert / wake me up / keep me awake like it is claimed.
  • Options
    One thing I know about caffeine is that it reduces your ability to learn and remember things properly. Obviously not a problem for gaming, but if you're trying to spend the whole night cramming for a test or whatever my advice is just stay awake until you fall asleep naturally, don't keep gorging on caffeine!

I'm not sure if that's a long term thing btw, I imagine it depends on how often you're taking it in really. I know you can get suprisingly bad withdrawal symptoms from it once you become dependant though - I know a girl who gets headaches and even the shakes if she doesn't drink a few cups of tea a day, it's crazy.
  • Options
    be careful of not sleeping and being exhausted. people have died from playing computer games for 12+ hours.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hey,
    You might find this article about caffeine and you can find out about the importance of sleep and on the National Sleep Foundation website.
    CB
  • Options
    theres a national sleep foundation :eek2:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    be careful of not sleeping and being exhausted. people have died from playing computer games for 12+ hours.

I really do not game that long... LAN party and sleeping though, that doesn't happen.

Eh, I fell asleep at 7pm yesterday. And got some sleep at last, woo. Feel better for it.

National Sleep Foundation? Hmm. :lol:
  • Options
    7pm, wow I wish I could do that! Seems to be at least 2am every night for me for about 3 months :S
  • Options
    wow really a few days on caffiene? nice man.
    Caffiene has zero effect on me, so i'm not positive about it's effects or strength.
  • Options
    Nah I don't normally do caffeine, although I do sometimes have the odd coffee as an excuse for a sneaky jack daniels in it :D
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I really do not game that long... LAN party and sleeping though, that doesn't happen.

Eh, I fell asleep at 7pm yesterday. And got some sleep at last, woo. Feel better for it.

National Sleep Foundation? Hmm. :lol:
    what is an LAN party :/

i have a feeling it's something geeky
  • Options
    It stands for Local Area Network, it is a geeky computer thingy.
  • Options
    Hehe I wish I was cool enough not to know that either :)
  • Options
    A LAN party is where a large group of people congregate for a weekend with their computers and connect them all up for 1 massive game or something.
  • Options
    Yes, its like a days long gaming fest, where you play different games between sleeping/eating/watching TV or going to college/work.

Its geeky yes. But stupid fun. And I fell asleep at 7... because I haven't slept for ages and my body said "shut down!"
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Seeing t'other topic made me think... As I recently have been living off caffine without sleep latley, mainly 2/3 hours a night, running off caffine. Mehehehe.

QUOTE]

Well it souds like that you are really adicted to it lol!
  • Options
    Hahaha i went to a 3 day Lan party once. Possibly one of the most terrifying events of my life. There was no way i was going to sleep in the back room with all those people (as nice as they were), and one guys snoring sounded like a 747 i swear. It was in the middle of no where and the only food was crisps and pot noodles.

Actually as scary as it was, it was quite fun i guess.

Anyway, caffeine. I don't know about anyone else, but i always seemt o find that caffeine and other similiar stimulants don't really affect me no matter how much i drink / consume whatever. Is this normal? I can drink coffee all day, and pop a few pro plus' but it doesn't really seem to make me any more alert / wake me up / keep me awake like it is claimed.

Yeah i hear that, i am knackered today and have had like 4 cups of coffee and nothing! i could fall asleep right now!

One thing about coffee and tea is that it stains your teeth so you all better get brushing! lol