Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What to do next?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok havent posted in here for ages as my luck hasn't really been any good recently with finding someone special that i really like. Well that luck has changed over the past couple of weeks :D , basically liked this girl at work for quite a while but she had a boyfriend so i knew it was a no go area but we always got on, anyway at the xmas party i pretty much spoke to her all night and had a really good time with her.

I walked her home that night, told her how i felt about her, asked if she wanted to do something the following week and then hugged her goodbye. She pretty much said she liked me and would think about it.

Was kinda wondering why it was going so well but found out afterwards that she had just come out of a long relationship. Now that may sound good but she is really have a hard time moving on from her relationship.

I've told her that i don't wanna pressure her or anything and that i'm always there for her if she wants to chat or something because i really do like her, never felt this way about a girl before. I've fancied girls before but i dunno what it is about this one, something about her.

Anyway so i've been in contact with her since then and a few days ago we decided to meet up. In the end we decided to go for a walk, best way to chat and get to know each other. Have to say it was probably one of my best days this year, was just the perfect day. We chatted, got on really well, sat and held each other, talked some more, walked her home and kissed her goodbye. But i think kissing her might have been abit too fast for her but still it happened i guess.

Just now i don't really know what to do next, however odd that sounds. Never really got that far in "dating" terms plus it is a little more complicated with the fact she has just split up. I really do wanna see her again and she said she would like to meet up again but i don't wanna seem to be pressurising her especially knowing her situation.

What kinda "date" you think would be good to follow this up with? Something where we can talk, not something like the cinema. I don't wanna mess this up, really really really like her and wanna be there for her.

Phew that was long. This place is good to get it all out :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Maybe you could take her ice-skating or something? It is the right time of year for it, and lots of places have outdoor ice-rinks at the moment for christmas. Ice-skating is always a laugh, especially if 1 or both of you can't skate!! You get to hold hands and help each other round without it becoming too intimate (because you said you dont want to go too fast for her). And then afterwards you could go for a hot chocolate to warm up, or to a nice bar for something a bit stronger lol - and thats when you get to talk.
    aww that's sweet, nice to hear a nice story!

i'd carry on taking things slow, don't worry about the kiss because it takes 2 to tango afterall. she didn't have to kiss you back and it's clear she likes you very much.

as for dates and stuff..personally i don't reckon much to going to the cinema 'cause yo u don't get to talk. i love going to the pub for a meal (lol i sound so classy!) and then perhaps to watch a dvd afterwards.
    Could you get her to take you somewhere instead?
    Thank you people :D

Erm well i kinda wanna leave it upto her, not saying i don't have any ideas. Just whatever she would feel comfortable doing, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Maybe just go get a pizza or something. We'll see :)

Thanks though :) , i'll let you know how it goes.