Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Easy To Transfer Unis?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Heya!
I did a foundation course last year in London. Am now on my BA course, but im not too keen on the position of the uni in particular. I find it way too quiet! I can just see myself going insane there for 3 years! 2 months has already made me feel unsure. Its not far from London, but i feel like im living in a country village and its so dull! Does anyone know anything about transfering? Anyone experienced it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Where do you intend to transfer to and do you wish to enter second year? I would imagine you're going to need to fill in a UCAS form, but get in touch with the institution you wish to apply for their stance on the matter.

I've heard of someone in your position who transferred from Dundee University because, like you, she felt the place was so dull.
  • Options
    Neil wrote:
    Where do you intend to transfer to and do you wish to enter second year? I would imagine you're going to need to fill in a UCAS form, but get in touch with the institution you wish to apply for their stance on the matter.

I've heard of someone in your position who transferred from Dundee University because, like you, she felt the place was so dull.

Cheers...Im not sure yet...maybe come back to London. Will look into it very soon! Yep second year.
  • Options
    Hey

London is large, and you'll find there's loads of bustling districts of it. Even in less central parts its still like city living ... why not live in a busy-ish part of London's outskirts and travel to Uni? It's expensive but more so in areas near the tube lines which you may not need.
  • Options
    Alan wrote:
    Hey

London is large, and you'll find there's loads of bustling districts of it. Even in less central parts its still like city living ... why not live in a busy-ish part of London's outskirts and travel to Uni? It's expensive but more so in areas near the tube lines which you may not need.

Thanks. Maybe you got a point there, i guess i could do that. Unfortunately im stuck in a contract at the moment for the house im living in. Got another 6 months there roughly. One of my housemates pisses me off so much as well.
  • Options
    I know but those six months you'll have to do anyway, if you want to finish the year and start second year at the other University?

If you moved to a more central London Uni you'd be travelling loads anyway, so it might be just the same! You could maybe get a flatshare or something. Good luck!