Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone been to Sweden?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm going there on New Years Eve for a week skiing trip and was just wondering what's it like in terms of entertainment, shopping and weather? I'll be there for New Years so if anyone knows any good clubs offering chilled hip-hop/breakbeats/reggae in Stockholm then please tell! :thumb:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Send a PM to Quarfly - he is Swedish after all.
    I'll offer you my expertise - the little I have :p.

Skiing in Stockholm? Can you try being more specific, it is quite large after all.
    what's it like in terms of entertainment?

After-ski pubs, nightclubs, cinemas etc. Try being more specific. What do you want?
    what's it like in terms of weather?

After all, Sweden is north and you will probably find snow where you are skiing. There are websites you can check too.

Here's a list
    what's it like in terms of shopping?

You will find what you want in central Stockholm, but again, I don't know where you are going to spend your holiday.

Skiing equipment? I'd say you buy those before you travel there. I hate purchasing equipment the day before you're going skiing. It's a pain in the arse to be exact.
    knows any good clubs offering chilled hip-hop/breakbeats/reggae in Stockholm then please tell!

The best I can help you with this question is this website:

clicky.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your time in Sweden.

PS: I live in Gothenburg. Stockholm is full of blonde brats :p.
    I want to go to Sweden.. I have friends living in Gothenburg who i haven't seen in about 3 years and they invited me over during the summer but the Parents couldn't be persuaded... :impissed:
    Forget Sweden for shopping, it's so much more expensive then in London.

I was there a few months ago and it was well pricey.

Nice place to visit though, might go back inthe summer time.

Some of the girls we met there brought their own bottle of wine with them because they heard drinks were pricey in Sweden, they made a good decision, if I was going again I'd bring over as much duty free drinks as possible!!

Some of the girls we met there brought their own bottle of wine with them because they heard drinks were pricey in Sweden, they made a good decision, if I was going again I'd bring over as much duty free drinks as possible!!

Sweden is within the EU, so duty free doesn't apply.
    Thanks for the links Quarfly.. they were useful. I'm kinda embarrassed that I asked about the weather cos it's obvious it will be cold and snowy considering that Sweden is part of Scandanavia. Stupid me.

I'm a bit gutted that it's so expensive though. I have 200 pounds sterling to convert into Kroners but I dunno if that would last me a week as I'll have to spend that on souvenirs, drink, clubbing and extra luxuries. :no:

I'm really excited tho! 24 hours to goooo...
    rawr wrote:
    Thanks for the links Quarfly.. they were useful. I'm kinda embarrassed that I asked about the weather cos it's obvious it will be cold and snowy considering that Sweden is part of Scandanavia. Stupid me.

I'm a bit gutted that it's so expensive though. I have 200 pounds sterling to convert into Kroners but I dunno if that would last me a week as I'll have to spend that on souvenirs, drink, clubbing and extra luxuries. :no:

I'm really excited tho! 24 hours to goooo...

You won't last on £200 for a week in Sweden if you're going to be buying souvenirs, etc. If you were just buying food with £200 you deffintely could do it, but not with clubbing, etc.
    quarfly wrote:

PS: I live in Gothenburg. Stockholm is full of blonde brats :p.

Oh the Irony
    You won't last on £200 for a week in Sweden if you're going to be buying souvenirs, etc. If you were just buying food with £200 you deffintely could do it, but not with clubbing, etc.

I came back from Sweden a week ago and it looks like I only spent 245 for the whole week! It's really not that expensive there, it's around the same price margin as London and I am used to the ridiculous prices of the capital. I bought skiing equiptment in London which was quite cheap in the sales and food & accomodation was paid for by my auntie so 245 pounds for clubbing, drink (alcohol is heavily taxed), cigarettes (suprisingly cheaper than London), snacks, the odd luxury and a few souvenirs is not bad at all! :yippe: