Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

House of Wax

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I rented this hearing mixed reviews and was surprised at just how good a horror it is.

Yes, the characters are heavily cliched and their fate slightly predictable at times but the surroundings and murders are created with such skill. As far as teen slasher flicks go, it's quite an original concept.

Go rent!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw this film in the cinema when it came out, I wasn't overly impressed with it to be honest. Not a bad remake, but some of the acting was dire I thought (Paris Hilton didn't impress too much, although she just generally annoys the hell out of me).
    Bought on dvd in a sale! It sucked and i was not happy with it, despite it having Paris Hilton, Elisha Cuthbert and Chad Michael Murrray!
    i've seen about 20 minutes of it. the bit where she got the big pole through her head just summed it up really. poor, very poor! but then i did only see 20 minutes so perhaps i'm slightly biased. but i doubt it.
    I fell asleap around 30 minutes into it. It had a poor acting crew and an even worse storey line. it reaches right up there with the low budge horror movie "Shredders".

If you want a good laugh with terrable acting, thats is a movie to see.
    I watched with pre-conceptions that it was going to be bad but I really enjoyed it. There were scenes that had me on the edge of my seat, and others cringing in disgust at some of the brutal goings on.

I'm not someone who takes to these films easily, they're usually done so badly (like Hide and Seek). As for Paris, I know she's a hate figure but she did her part well.
    I thought it was going to rubbish before I watched it, if only for the fact that Paris Hilton stars.

But, it's alright.
    Seen it at the cinema and its rubbish.