Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

2006 television scheduale

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So, in 2006 on sky one we can look forward to brand new battlestar galactica and yet more new simpsons. E4 will have brand new episodes of the OC! BBC2 will be bringing the 3rd and potentially final season of Arrested Development. Bones starring David "Angel" Boreanez will be whinging its way to our screens too! Then there is all the new series and seasons that will come at the end of the year or in the summer like BBC1 Doctor Who.

Plus movies like Kingdom of Heaven and Batman Begins, etc will soon be on Sky movies!

It is all looking good, or is it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    subject13 wrote:
    So, in 2006 on sky one we can look forward to brand new battlestar galactica and yet more new simpsons. E4 will have brand new episodes of the OC! BBC2 will be bringing the 3rd and potentially final season of Arrested Development. Bones starring David "Angel" Boreanez will be whinging its way to our screens too! Then there is all the new series and seasons that will come at the end of the year or in the summer like BBC1 Doctor Who.

Plus movies like Kingdom of Heaven and Batman Begins, etc will soon be on Sky movies!

To be perfectly honest, most of that doesn't excite me one little bit.

The only thing out of that whole list that I am looking forward to is Dr Who. The rest, I'm afraid, I couldn't care less about.

Sorry :)

I would care slightly more about the simpsons if I had sky1 but I don't. And I don't have Sky Movies either.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    All the new simpsons series are shite.
    Jason Lee's My Name is Earl is gonna be on fridays on CH4!!!! Looking forward to that.

New Smallvillle with James "Spike" Marsters joining the show! Awesome.

3rd season of OC as well, new Dr Who, Nip/tuck season conclusion as well. Pretty awesome to me.
    subject13 wrote:
    So, in 2006 on sky one we can look forward to brand new battlestar galactica I watch that, I'm a geekand yet more new simpsons.crap E4 will have brand new episodes of the OCgod strike dead whoever came up with that load of shit! BBC2 will be bringing the 3rd and potentially final season of Arrested Developmentfunny. Bones I thought this would be good but it absoutly suckedstarring David "Angel" Boreanez will be whinging its way to our screens too! Then there is all the new series and seasons that will come at the end of the year or in the summer like BBC1 Doctor Whonever heard of, probably for the better.

Plus movies like Kingdom of Heavensounds lame and Batman BeginsI :heart: batman, etc will soon be on Sky movies!

I'm looking foward to Prision Break in March and the Shield on Jan 10. Yay.
    Lost series 2 :heart:
    I'm looking forward to Desperate Housewives and 'Child of our Tiime' on the BBC.
    Kate1 wrote:
    'Child of our Tiime' on the BBC.

OH! I love Child Of Our Time!
    subject13 wrote:

seen the first half of battlestar galactica anyway

plus you missed out season 5 of 24 coming soon
    Kate1 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to Desperate Housewives

I'm hopelessly addicted to that show :( What part of the show is it at on over there?
    Lost series 2 :heart:

seen up to episode 9 of that
    24 Is not that good! Simple as that...
    my_name wrote:
    I'm hopelessly addicted to that show :( What part of the show is it at on over there?

We are waiting for the second series to start in January :)
    1983 wrote:
    OH! I love Child Of Our Time!

Yeah, me too. My sister is a year older than the kids they show, so I find it really interesting being able to relate it to her :)
    Kate1 wrote:
    We are waiting for the second series to start in January :)

Oh sweet. Its quite good, though for the last 3 weeks its just been reruns :(
    subject13 wrote:
    24 Is not that good! Simple as that...

liar
    I can see repeats, repeats and more repeats.
    24 is so good!Kiefer is so lush!
    i think 24 is best watched when you watch all the episodes in batches of 3 or 4
    Walkindude wrote:
    Jason Lee's My Name is Earl is gonna be on fridays on CH4!!!! Looking forward to that.

Seen the first few episodes of it. Is pretty good!

I'm looking forward to new OC, 24, Desperate Housewives and Lost (although it doesn't start for another 6 months :( )

Anyone know when Desperate Housewives is starting?
    pinkstar wrote:
    Anyone know when Desperate Housewives is starting?

The only thing I know about desperate housewives is that the season two DVD is soon to be released. Desperate housewives is kind of the only thing on television I enjoy watching.
    MrG wrote:
    i think 24 is best watched when you watch all the episodes in batches of 3 or 4

agreed, I get so frustrated having to watch it with a week in between. The last couple of series I have had recorded for me as I have been at uni where I didn't have sky one, and another benefit of this of course is that I can skim through the commercial breaks.
    pinkstar wrote:
    (although it doesn't start for another 6 months :( )

Nooo...!!
    Just read that in the New 24 season Jack is on the run from the law as a fugitive and at least 4 hours of the show will have him asleep!

New Battlestar Galactica looks awesome with military attempted take over, President forming a resistence, the arrival of a new battlestar with an admiral on board that causes friction with the President and Commander Adama and cylon babies.

New Smallville has Aquaman in it and lots of double-crossing!

The internet rocks for research!
    subject13 wrote:
    The internet rocks for research!

Yeah.. I was so bored at work on Tuesday that I read up on the end of Lost and half of Lost season 2! I think I'm going to have to just downloading it now.
    Oh the shield comes on in 5 days. Vic is totally going down.
    MrG wrote:
    season 5 of 24 coming soon

Is that true? - I heard they weren't doing any more? Thought Kiefer had jacked it in.
    Save Vic Mackey! Sheild rules....!
    manickev wrote:
    Is that true? - I heard they weren't doing any more? Thought Kiefer had jacked it in.

Well you can watch the trailor for series 5 online so yeah it's true. Looking forward to it!
    pinkstar wrote:
    Well you can watch the trailor for series 5 online so yeah it's true. Looking forward to it!

Anyone know where I can get the trailer?
    bit torrent i should imagine

and ive seen smallville series 5, up to episode 10, and also seen battlestar galactica up to episode 10 as well

though new sg1 and battlestar on tonight in the states