Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New manager at southampton..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
well, possibly an ex-technical director of Feyernood.

Fucking hell, now we have a Rugby world cup winning coach AND a technical director and former coach of some mediocre dutch teams (not that SFC are faring much better at present).

It also looks as if Captain Nigel (quashie) could be recalled to fratton by Harry as well, which is brilliant as hes about the only player on that pitch prepared to battle tooth and nail for his club (and dont get me started on neil MCcann, you arent maradona mate, pass the fucking ball).

Watching a club slide this quickly into lower mid table championship permenance, you wouldnt wish it on your worst enemy...actually we would, and do, repeatedly, at every game :D

Read about it here
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    That "medicore" Dutch team won the UEFA cup a couple of years ago...

This is funny though, from an outsider's POV (much as other fans laugh at United). You do wonder if Rupert Lowe has an inbuilt drive to piss off his customers at every turn.

I'd be worried about dropping again in a couple of years...
  • Options
    I think Rupert Lowe believes his own hype, he certainly used to swan about the FA like he owned the place. He's just like Geoffrey Richmond, and if you don't get shut of him soon, he will bankrupt your club just like the Fat (cunt) Controller bankrupted us.

Either that or he's a Skate. I honestly can't decide which.
  • Options
    yes and Southampton got to the FA cup final and forced their highest league position a few years ago as well but i take your point.

Talking of pissing us off, we bought tickets for the Luton game @ £22 a pop for a 'Silver' game, 30mins before ticket office closing time on the friday.

Get there on match day and they're on sale on the gate for £9. The ground was half full if that. To alot of Southampton fans £30 for a gold game is a days wages, i wish more people in football would appreciate this
  • Options
    yes and Southampton got to the FA cup final and forced their highest league position a few years ago as well but i take your point.

The Fat Controller got us promoted twice in five years, I still despise the twat because his ego destroyed us.
    Talking of pissing us off, we bought tickets for the Luton game @ £22 a pop for a 'Silver' game, 30mins before ticket office closing time on the friday. Get there on match day and they're on sale on the gate for £9.

You wanna be writing to the club about that, when City did that to me I managed to get a load of free tickets just to say sorry.
    To alot of Southampton fans £30 for a gold game is a days wages, i wish more people in football would appreciate this

Who in Division Two is good enough to merit "gold" status?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Well it now look like we've got George Burley (head coach), working alongside Clive (Director of Football).
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hmm. Tough one. Burley did a fantastic job at Ipswich a few years back and has a decent track record. Will be interesting to see how we fare this season. That is, until old Rupert decides to interfere next.
  • Options
    Burley done really well within his short time at hearts also, i think he'll do a good job at southampton
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    But how long will he stay with Lowe interfering?
    Weekender Offender