Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Men crying...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zalbor wrote:
    Exactly. It's not "manly" or "womanly", it's natural.

Well, stereotypically, it is. Generally, women like men who act like men, not ones who're 'in touch with their feminine sides'.

If they wanted to go out with people like that, they'd become lesbians.
    Women like a bit of both though.

But it's true enough, a bad boy is better than the boy who constantly gives flowers and a shoulder for her to cry on.
    turlough wrote:
    But it's true enough, a bad boy is better than the boy who constantly gives flowers and a shoulder for her to cry on.

Yep. There's a reason emo kids are the laughing stock of Britain. Noone likes a pussy.
    Oh yeah. My mates have seen me cry a fair few times.

Usually when im drunk and complaining about women mind ;(
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That's a matter of preference. You might as well say "Women mostly like blond men (not that it's true) so let's all dye our hair blond."

BTW, as someone I mentioned this whole thing said, "In touch with their feminine side" is crap too, and adds to the same stereotype which IMO needs to be torn down. Crying isn't feminine, it's human.
    Zalbor wrote:
    That's a matter of preference. You might as well say "Women mostly like blond men (not that it's true) so let's all dye our hair blond."

Like I said in IRC, shut up ;[ Any time you're dealing with a large group of people, the only thing you can do is generalise. You can't possibly account for each individual person.

Statements such as "Men don't like fat chicks" are generally true, but obviously you're gonna get the odd one who loves them. Same with men that cry.
    And as I said in IRC, I'm annoyed at these people who pretend they're all "new generation" and stuff and still hold old-fashioned ideas like "Men aren't supposed to cry". (This wasn't directed only at you). Crying is human, so you and all others, male or not, who think it's feminine need to get over it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    The only time I ever seem to cry is when I'm very pissed.

I remember getting into a few fights in town one night after necking a few beers and several Vodka&Redbulls, and everybody disowned me and with no money I was left to walk about 16 miles home. I was a state.
    Weekender Offender 
    Zalbor wrote:
    And as I said in IRC, I'm annoyed at these people who pretend they're all "new generation" and stuff and still hold old-fashioned ideas like "Men aren't supposed to cry". (This wasn't directed only at you).

Surely this only applies if they claim to be "new generation".

And I refer you back to my fat chick example. Sure, the "new generation" way of looking at it would be that if you want to be a fat chick, then by all means, go for it, but it doesn't mean everyone has to change their opinions to like it.

If a girl likes muscly men, it'd be "new generation" of her to give skinny guys a chance too, but if that's not what she likes, then she doesn't have to. Same goes for guys that cry; the simple fact is, the majority of girls like 'manly' guys. Sure, they want them to be slightly sensitive as well so they don't feel like they're going out with Björn Borg, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
    Zalbor wrote:
    Crying is human, so you and all others, male or not, who think it's feminine need to get over it.

You aren't even understanding what I'm saying. I'm not saying guys should never cry (far from it), I'm saying they shouldn't break down and start crying infront of their girlfriend 'cause of how happy they are.
    Kiezo wrote:
    I'm saying they shouldn't break down and start crying infront of their girlfriend 'cause of how happy they are.

I does seem rather strange. Though I did see my mate cry at the hospital when his daughter was born.
    Weekender Offender 
    I don't mind when blokes cry, i'm quite comfortable with it to be honest. It was a little strange the 1st time my boyfriend cried infront of me though.
    Kiezo wrote:
    but it doesn't mean everyone has to change their opinions to like it.
    And where did I say anyone should change their opinion? All I said is not to call it feminine because it isn't.
    I'm saying they shouldn't break down and start crying infront of their girlfriend 'cause of how happy they are.
    If you ask me though, happiness is as good a reason to cry as sadness.
    Zalbor wrote:
    And where did I say anyone should change their opinion?

Uh, with your next sentence when you said:
    Zalbor wrote:
    All I said is not to call it feminine because it isn't.
    Kiezo wrote:
    Uh, with your next sentence when you said:
    Correction: I never said that anyone should change their opinion to like it, which is what you said. But "Oh I'd never be with a guy who's not manly enough to not cry" and "Oh I don't like guys who cry, without that meaning they're not manly" are different.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You know that the shits hit the fan when Kiezo posts...
    JsT wrote:
    You know that the shits hit the fan when Kiezo posts...

and when more than one person agrees with him
    Zalbor, I love the hat! Its very Christmasy.

:thumb:
    my ex cried when i split up with him but i think that was a bit of emotional blackmail

my current fella has cried once and that was at a family members death, id rather he cried if he needs to
    the only time my boyfriend has cried in front of me was because i'd had a miscarriage, which was really quite an upsetting time for us both. So yeah it's ok for guys to cry about things like that, but i'd be a bit uncomfortable if he started crying during a film or something.
    JsT wrote:
    You know that Kiezo posts shit

How true.

Still, it makes him feel happy to be "controversial", which is really quite sweet really.

If you cry at everything then you need to see a shrink.
    If you have never cried through happiness then you have never been happy.
    If you never feel close enough to someone to cry in front of them or in their arms, then you've never been close to someone.

Thank you.
    Kermit wrote:
    If you have never cried through happiness then you have never been happy.

You what?
    Weekender Offender 
    It's quite self-explanatory.

To be honest, I'd be worried at any man who didn't have a little happy cry on his wedding day or when his first bairn is born.
    Kermit wrote:
    To be honest, I'd be worried at any man who didn't have a little happy cry on his wedding day or when his first bairn is born.

OK, but that's not the same as "If you have never cried through happiness then you have never been happy."

I was quite happy when I last got laid, but I didn't start crying about it.
    Weekender Offender 
    Men crying doesn't bother me, as long as it isn't full on bawling.

Like, when I last saw Lewin and he was leaving, he started crying cause he wasn't gonna see me for ages, and he misses me and stuff.

I also made the bloke cry a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't realise til he told me.
    Whats the world coming to men crying in front of their girlfriends, its a discrace next thing you know theyl be "discussing their feelings" well any man who does that is clearly GAY and should be made to have a sex change then SHOT.
    So Iknowyourmum, you have never discussed your feelings at all, not ever. I remember one time my boyfriend discussed his feelings with me when his nan had a stroke and they where worried about if she would be able to cope on her own once she was allowed home. When something like that happens I think most people would cry a little and would want to discuss their feelings.
    nothing wrong with a man crying. ok i've never done it because of a film, song or anything like that. Nearly did on my wedding day, due to a few things my mum and dad said to me just as everyone left. Other times have been Aunts funeral, when wife had a miscarriage (we were both a wreck). and when i found out wife having affair and left.
    next thing you know theyl be "discussing their feelings" well any man who does that is clearly GAY
    As to this sometimes only someone of the same sex can understand what your going throught. When i found out that wife was sleeping with someone else, there was only two people i could talk too, my best mate who without him i would probably be dead right now. and one of my other friends who had the same thing happen at the same time
    My cousin's husband cried at his wedding when they where exchanging vows, we think it was down to been so glad everything had gone so well and because he clearly does love my cousin.
    lipsy wrote:
    it weirds me out to see a guy crying, in fact i really don't like it. but i guess i'd rather him cry than him to keep all his feelings bottled up and not show his emotions.
    :yes: Totaly agree lol When a boy crys i dont no what to do! Its just really werid cause some of my boy mates (sorry if some of you arnt like this) put on this really "big boy" personality where they are always talking about how they can "beat" up loads of lads, but when it comes to fighting it kind of slips away. Ive seen it happen before to one of my friends when a boy hit him he just walked off crying.
    Ahh damn, I cried in front of my girlfriend just last night, we were going through some serious relationship problems.

It was the first, and if I can help it, last time, but I feel like a right loser now! :rolleyes: