Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

McClaren sign Alonso

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Story!

In 2007 Alonso will be a Mclaren driver. Well I certainly didnt see this coming! Though perhaps this signing of Alonso points towards the rumours that Kimi Raikkonenis going to Ferrari after Schumacher packs it in.

This comes only a few days after McLaren announced they have got Vodaphone as their main sponsor in 2007 also...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I totally expected Alonso to stay with Renault for a good few years... :confused:
  • Options
    I totally expected Alonso to stay with Renault for a good few years... :confused:

Me too. But he has said he wants to see if he can win the world championship with more than one team...
  • Options
    The Renault car won because it was more reliable but the potential on the McLaren is enormous. On a good day that car could simply fly.

Still, this move does come as a surprise to me, especially as I had heard a few rumours about Alonso actually joining Ferrari. On the whole I'm much happier with him going to McLaren though- I hate Ferrari with a passion.