Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

oops....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the process of making my christmas cards at the moment.... I bought a gold ink pen, you know the kind that you shake and then pump the tip and it flows down through the fibres? Well I shook it, and something in it burst and now there's gold ink all over my laptop....a spot on my screen and bits all over the keyboard - can't get it off with a damp cotton pad but don't really want to be trying too many things in case I damage the computer. HELP!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its pretty!!!!

Though, try nail polish remover, then quickly with a slightly damp cloth after. And then dry.
    is it the type that dries, if so let it dry then pick it off, if not, sue the company! :yes:
    hm, The spot on the monitor might be a little difficult, As petrol based stuff permenantly stains the screen surface. Try getting some of those wipe things you can buy in PC World.

The rest of the laptop you can wipe down with petrol on a cloth though.
    noog wrote:
    hm, The spot on the monitor might be a little difficult, As petrol based stuff permenantly stains the screen surface. Try getting some of those wipe things you can buy in PC World.

Those monitor/lens wipe things?
    Those monitor/lens wipe things?

Aye, they're good if you sneeze on your monitor, dunno about that gold ink stuff tho, as it's almost like tippex in texture o_O
    noog wrote:
    Aye, they're good if you sneeze on your monitor, dunno about that gold ink stuff tho, as it's almost like tippex in texture o_O

for some reason i found that dead funny!
    for some reason i found that dead funny!

:mad:
    sorry, i dont even know why i did, it was just one of them things! :)
    Oh, tough luck. I hate when these type of things happen. :(
    Those pens are evil... a friend I was living with shook a blue one a few years ago and covered the sofa, me, her and all the cards she was writing in sparkly blue ink...
    Take a photo and then complain to the company that makes the pen
    Petrol and plastic absolutely do not mix. Use some Mr Muscle window cleaner on a cloth and gently wipe the screen; it won't hurt it. For the keyboard/plastics, I'd start with a little vinegar on a cloth...

Whatever you use, use it in small amounts and wipe it off afterwards. Obviously, power the laptop down and remove the battery...