Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

2005 - it's gone damn quick again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I swear each year has gone faster then the previous .. It really feels to me like last week I was watching TV and there was news reports of this big wave in Asia.

Comments

• Options
    No it doesn't. :no:
  • Options
    The older i get the quicker the yrs go.......!!
  • Options
    Yeah, this year has flown. Seems like a month ago I was on summer holidays... :(

2 posts to my 1000 :D
  • Options
    ive had a great year - ive lived in france, manchester and leeds and had so much fun in all of them.
    i dont have high hopes for 2006 because it will basically be me finishing my degree and then working in some no doubt shit job to save up to go travelling.

(p.s. if anyone has been travelling can they PM me)
  • Options
    I've had quite a shit year...I'm looking forward to the new year.

See I've had a pretty cool year, It's been all Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll. :D

Well almost, Vague Success with women, Drinking and Indie doesn't sound as good.
  • Options
    This year has gone well quick, have had a fairly good year.
  • Options
    yes it has gone fast. Crazy. The older you get that fatser it goes.

Mines been a medicore year really. Not been too great. Had the odd highlight. I am hoping for better things in 2006.

Though for the suspecious of you out there, next year, on date, could spell some trouble:

06/06/06

WAHhahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    its been a fucked up year. Mega Mega changes, but its going well now, and 2006 is gonna be my year :D
  • Options
    Yeah times flying by. This years been ok, nothing particulary bads happened but then again nothing particulary amazing has happened either.

Just a normal year for myself.

God seems weird 2006 just around the corner.
  • Options
    2005-->a fab yr. Me n my mates turned 21 had a holiday to florida then a cruise round the med got a new car im in my final yr @ uni.

2006-->Holiday in the summer. Leave home (yeah!!!!) then qualify!! Lookin 4ward 2 the new yr!!!
    :thumb:
  • Options
    I'm thinking of going travelling too when I leave uni! I want to take a year out before doing my LPC course! I wanna travel around the world and see places :yes:
    yeh im just kinda scared because i'll be 22 when i finish uni, then 23 when i actually go travelling. and i have this idea in my head i should be already starting my career by the time i'm 23. but then the taxi driver last night said to me '23 is really young, believe me'. so i dunno!
  • Options
    I'm going to be 21 when I leave uni and I need to do another course! Its a year long...then I have to find a 2 year training contract! I just want to take some time out to do my own thing. When I get my career started I won't have a chance to go travelling so I'm going to take a year out to do so. I know I will regret it if I don't. I'm a bit scared of going on my own though! I have no one to travel with, lol. I guess it will give me a chance to get to know new people!

I always get really scared when I travel somewhere new .. just the thought of it!!

But once I'm there I'm usually perfectly fine.

I'm sure various people on the site have friends in different parts of the world and we'll all be able to suggest places to go and things to do.

One person I know from germany says they want to come to London next month and have never been before so I'll be happy to show them around.

I was actually looking to see if there was a particular website for making friends from around the world with a view to them maybe showing you around there city when you visited them.

Everyone I believe should travel and see other countries and cultures, I know people that have never left England and have no desire to go abroad and think that's quite sad really .. espacially when we have these budget airlines with the occassional good deal.

Hostels can be good ways to meet like minded people - but also terrible for a good nght's sleep.
  • Options
    i'll be going on my own too. the thought is scary but i have this belief that if something is scary then it means its worth doing.
    theres a website gapyear.com and they have message boards to ask advice and even find a travel buddy.
    my bro always says things like this are character building and i guess i'd rather have some life experience before starting a career.

also when i lived in france i stayed in hostels in paris and rome when visiting and theyre really fine. a great way to meet people too, especially if you're up for a laugh at the night time. i stayed in a mixed 10bed dorm and as long as you have earplugs its ok!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    also when i lived in france i stayed in hostels in paris and rome when visiting and theyre really fine. a great way to meet people too, especially if you're up for a laugh at the night time. i stayed in a mixed 10bed dorm and as long as you have earplugs its ok!

20 of us are staying in a Dorm in London for New year's Eve this year .. so we can make use of their cheap bar and sleep over, as well as hopefully meet some fun loving travellers as well - we figure it beats the usuall overpriced London nightclubs!!
  • Options
    I agree with all of you - the older you get, the faster the years slip out of your hands, as if it was sand. :(
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    I agree with all of you - the older you get, the faster the years slip out of your hands, as if it was sand. :(
    lol arent you like, 14?
  • Options
    ah its been up and down but new job new start next year for leese
  • Options
    Next year should be interesting, I plan on moving out at the start of 2006 and generally sorting my life out a bit
  • Options
    Thank fuck for that.
  • Options
    The older you get, the faster it goes. Soon you'll be getting discounts at the movies and restruants.
  • Options
    It sure has been a quick and hectic year.

Basically one big party :D
  • Options
    This year has passed me by in a blur. Like iblinked back in January n ended up ere!
  • Options
    i cant believe how fast its gone, i feel like my life is just flying by! :(
  • Options
    Charlie84 wrote:
    This year has passed me by in a blur. Like iblinked back in January n ended up ere!

Hunny, you're one of the better text talkers, but still, I must tell you, text talk is not welcome here.

Still, I don't know why they call it text speak. I text more than I call people and I have never once spoken in code.,
  • Options
    How is that text talk?
  • Options
    Charlie84 wrote:

:p
  • Options
    Ok......that was with pure concentration too. It's incredibly difficult to write in proper! english.
  • Options
    Can't believe it's almost 2006. Next year is gonna be pretty major for me, what with doing my A levels and then going off to uni next autumn. Ooo I am so excited about the prospect of being at uni this time next year.

I agree, the year has gone quickly.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Suga80 wrote:
    The older i get the quicker the yrs go.......!!

I know.. it scares me.
  • Options
    Charlie84 wrote:
    Ok......that was with pure concentration too. It's incredibly difficult to write in proper! english.

Thjat is very very sad. I'm drunk and I type better.