Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

have other £1k you can't prove, its ours

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4520070.stm

i love how the burden of proof is being moved onto us, whilst the government removes more of our own access to things

they watched too much star wars/palpitine i think

Comments

• Options
    And so it goes.

makes Brian Paddick's comments about "Meldrew Syndrome" even more telling.

Blair is showing his colours more and more. And yet 30% of the people in this country still want to vote for the cunt.
  • Options
    I've currently got £1700 in £20 notes in my safe.

There's no way for me to prove where I got it because I don't declare it to the inland revenue. Which is one of the things this is really about of course.

The whole goal of this is to force people to keep all their "money" in banks so that cash (even worthless paper cash) can be removed entirely from the economy and all economic control can go to the banks for good.
  • Options
    The asset seisure law is possibly the most offensive law on the books at the moment, they take all your money and assets and you have to prove (often without legal aid) that it is your's legally.
  • Options
    klintock wrote:
    I've currently got £1700 in £20 notes in my safe.

There's no way for me to prove where I got it because I don't declare it to the inland revenue. Which is one of the things this is really about of course.

The whole goal of this is to force people to keep all their "money" in banks so that cash (even worthless paper cash) can be removed entirely from the economy and all economic control can go to the banks for good.

I hadn't considered it like that. Scary thought.

In Latin today my teacher was saying about different currencies ets, and I was wondering would shops in the UK accept something of value, like gold? I thought that at my work we probably couldn't, because there would be no way for it to go through the till!

Is there anywhere in the UK that will actually accept gold or silver as payment?