Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

hair disaster

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:crying: :crying: :crying: The hairdresser has completed ruined my hair! i have very thick long hair (down to my boobs) but i had it cut today i specifically told the hairdresser all i wanted was the ends off and the 2 layers i had just the ends of them too then i asked for it to be reshaped round my face, well in actual fact she added 2 more layers giving me 4 now with the first one starting at just past my ear this is not good cause now my hair is just gonna boof out everywhere and the dippy twat didn't even shape it properly!!! i keep crying over it cause my hair is everything to me (sounds superficial but i love my hair) now it's ruined!!!! :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Shave it all off and say you've become a lesbian. What's the worst that could happen?
  • Options
    if you are not happy with it then go back and complain, my friend had hers done once it a London saloon and was not happy with what the stylist did and the manager said that he would get the top stylist to recut so that it will grow into what she wanted free of charge. The stylist she uses is about £70 so god knows how much the top stylist can chagre.
  • Options
    little one's right, go and complain, bcos she didnt just do a bad job, she didnt do what you asked
  • Options
    i'd feel bad though cause i was "happy" when i left (i actually wanted to cry but i didn't wanna be meen) it only cost a tenner but i just want my hair back
  • Options
    i'd feel bad though cause i was "happy" when i left (i actually wanted to cry but i didn't wanna be meen) it only cost a tenner but i just want my hair back

That really is such a British thing to do. You absolutely hate what you've been given by a hairdresser/restaurant/whatever, but you're too polite to complain. God I miss Britain!
  • Options
    Aww, I'm sorry hon. Hair is a really big issue for a lot of people, and I can understand your being upset at it being butchered. Technically you should go back and complain, and they should recut it. But I know that takes nerve that some of us don't have.

However, you only got it cut today (well, yesterday now..) and in the morning it may not seem such a disaster. Once you've washed, dried and styled it yourself you might find you quite like it.

It's not helpful to say, but this is why I cut my own hair...
  • Options
    I agree, before you fret too much, wash it and style it yourself. Experiment to see if there is a way to make it look good as you grow it out again. If not, go straight back and say you're not happy with it, and a different hairdresser will hopefully give you a better cut for free.