Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Causes of fits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read your posting with interest as on monday i was taken to hospital with the same thing and i am really frightened by it.
i got up to make tea and felt faint the next thing i know my husband was taking me to hospital. apparently i had fainted and then started fitting. i cannot remember any of it. while i was out cold i apparently banged my head and my leg very badly. i am bruised really bad. this is the first time it as happened and i'm really worried. i have had blood tests and an ECG both of which are normal. i am now waiting to see the nerologist at the hospital.
i am due to fly to ibiza in 4 weeks time. do i need to declare this problem to my holiday insurance company?
any help gratefully recieved.

many thanks

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi raeearley
    Welcome to the boards -
    you posted in quite an old thread so I've split it so you have your own topic. Also it's really not a good idea to post your email address inside a post as it makes you really prone to receiving spam and other unwanted email. Also people are able to contact you directly through the private message facility on the boards :)

How long is it going to be before you see the neurologist - is it before you got to Ibiza?
  • Options
    thank you helen

Thanks helen for your advice on using the boards it is greatly appreciated.
    i am still waiting for my appointment to see neurologist to come through from hospital. hopefully it will be before i go to ibiza. not sure on the waiting list times. am really worried about my holiday in case it happens while in ibiza.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    This is tricky and tbh I can totally see why you'd be worried about going on holiday. It migh be an idea to contact NHS direct to see if they can offer you any advice on whether or not to go on holiday/precautions you might need to take etc.

You could also submit a question to the general health section of askTheSite answers are provided within 3 days.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    helen

again many thanks for your advice. i have to see my own G.P next wednesday so will ask his advice but have also taken your advice and gone on to askthesite.
    really hope it turns out to be a one off.
    many thanks :)
  • Options
    raeearley wrote:
    I read your posting with interest as on monday i was taken to hospital with the same thing and i am really frightened by it.
    i got up to make tea and felt faint the next thing i know my husband was taking me to hospital. apparently i had fainted and then started fitting. i cannot remember any of it. while i was out cold i apparently banged my head and my leg very badly. i am bruised really bad. this is the first time it as happened and i'm really worried. i have had blood tests and an ECG both of which are normal. i am now waiting to see the nerologist at the hospital.
    i am due to fly to ibiza in 4 weeks time. do i need to declare this problem to my holiday insurance company?
    any help gratefully recieved.

many thanks

I experienced a similar thing 6 years ago - turns out I don't have anything wrong with me. There are some people who will just have one fit and that's it they never have one again.
  • Options
    sofie

thanks for your reply sofie. very much appreciated.
    i hope mine is a one off too. doctor has told me not to drive for a while. plus as i go abroad in 4 weeks not too sure if i have to tell insurance company. plus unsure how i will cope if it happens abroad.
    have been told getting over heated could have caused it but not sure if this is right. :blush:
  • Options
    Did you hit your head or not?
  • Options
    sofie

hubby said i hit head but can't remember as it was after i fainted