Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The original is by Dolly Parton. It was written by her, sung by her and beutifully performed by her until Whitney and RIK ruined it.

The original is not by Whitney. You'll be telling me the original 'hush' is by Kula Shaker next !
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Chill Out!

Most people think that Whitney did it first because country music is shite and doesn't get any air-play in England, plus it was on the soundtrack to the Bodyguard so it was overhyped and overplayed into our heads for so long.

But, I have heard that version and think it's shite (that's country music for ya).
    Besides, Whitney's got a great voice and sang it well!

On the other hand - Most covers are shite and ruin the reputation of the original (Marilyn Mansons "Tainted Love" to name one) because the sheep that buy music nowadays think that their favourite band did it first and no music existed before they made it. There are some exceptions in my opinion: Whitney's version of "I Will Always Love You", David Grays version of "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye", Nirvanas' "Man Who Sold The World" - there are others too....

snoogens
  • Options
    I am chilled it's chust that loads of people keep saying 'I hated the original' but they don't even know what the original was!
    So they are telling big fibs - so there!!!