Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ID cards

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
It's not fair, I could getserved everywhere before I turned 18, now I'm 18 they all want ID. Thing is...I don't have any!I'm not starting to drive so I have no form of licence...where can I get an ID from?How muchdo they generally cost?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Get a provisional license, like everyone else has to. Or a passport.

Or, maybe those ProveIt cards work still. I don't know though.
    Yeah just get a provisional license, i aint even started driving yet but i've still got one.
    It's not fair, I could getserved everywhere before I turned 18, now I'm 18 they all want ID. Thing is...I don't have any!I'm not starting to drive so I have no form of licence...where can I get an ID from?How muchdo they generally cost?
    get a passport.
    Get a provisional license or a passport.

A driving license is worth it, even if you're not going to drive.
    Kermit wrote:
    Get a provisional license or a passport.

A driving license is worth it, even if you're not going to drive.

best thing, andf they dont get too ruined in the washing machine either
    Yeah, get a provisional drivers licence.
    *echoes* Provisional licence :yes:

Who cares if your not learning to drive yet? It lasts for like zillions of years *think mine lasts til im 60? Yes, I'm going to look exactly the same at 60 as I did at 15.... idiots...* so if u get it now - tada! ID for now, and one less thing to think about later :)
    AT my work we take driving licence or proove it cards or passports.
    Thats generally what most bars/shops etc now stick to so its worth investing in ya provisional for that reason.
    the majority of places accept driving licence (provisional/full), passports and UK validate cards ( http://www.validateuk.co.uk ) some places also accept student ID.
    Very, very few places take student ID unless (a) you're a regular and they trust you, or (b) you have credit cards in the same name.

Best bet is definitely a driving license. Even Citizen Cards and Validate cards aren't accepted everywhere but provisional licenses are almost foolproof (except, for some reason, in Tesco's on Goodge Street)...

its not fair for you to put say for example me, in the position of a minimum £80 on the spot fine, going up to £1,000 fine, and never being able to work in the trade again, which would possibly also get your manager/supervisor, who are often good friends of the staff, a £20,000 and/or 3 to 6 months in prison

obviously with the exception of testing pubs and clubs with underage people employed by the police, i think otherwise as a general consensus, people who are underage and drink, should be punished as severely if not more than the people who serve them

im not saying that barstaff should be given any kind of protection, or that they should have in any kind of way, a defence, for when the law is broken and it is their fault

but for a trade where many workers in many town centre pubs+clubs are part time workers, for a job where you get so much shit, often bad pay, and the staff turnover is immense, you have such restrictions and punishments, not so much on what you can and cannot do, but on what happens when something goes wrong, which i can guarantee does happen somewhere everyday