Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Darkness' New Album

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
The Darkness' new album One way ticket... is out today and you can listen to it on their Myspace page.

I thought it was pretty good and Kerrang magazine gave it 5 ks.

What do you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If its The Darkness then the unbreakable rule of the world will mean that it is unutterable garbage. I haven't heard it, maybe they've replaced all the band members and become suddenly talented, but I doubt it.

The Darkness are absolutely wank. A pisshead karaoke version of a club singer doing Roxy Music.

The fact that Kerrang gave it five Ks pretty much confirms how dire it is.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If its The Darkness then the unbreakable rule of the world will mean that it is unutterable garbage. I haven't heard it, maybe they've replaced all the band members and become suddenly talented, but I doubt it.

The Darkness are absolutely wank. A pisshead karaoke version of a club singer doing Roxy Music.

The fact that Kerrang gave it five Ks pretty much confirms how dire it is.

I agree completely. There really isn't anything I can add to that.
  • Options
    I liked them the first time, when they were good because they were a bit of a pisstake. Second album is wrong.
  • Options
    The first album had its moments. Friday Night was a good song but apart from that it was pretty lacking in originality. I mean, that the chord sequence of Black Shuck is virtually identical to that of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is no coincidence.

The Darkness are complete one-trick ponies and the sooner they admit that they are just rehashed AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and Queen, diluted for a modern, indifferent audience, the happier we'll all be.

so :p
  • Options
    it'll be a flop
  • Options
    The Darkness ripped off quite a few AC/DC riffs in their first albulm indeed.

Anyway, don't care either way. And Kerrang are in no way representative of the rock world.
  • Options
    that christmas song was cool though imo :yes:
  • Options
    I like the Darkness... They're cheesy and funny.
  • Options
    I've said it once and I will say it again - The Darkness will implode under the weight of Justin Hawkins's massive ego.

No bad thing either