Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

One for the liberal religious bigots

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    turlough wrote:
    But it all stems from the original belief in this guy.

From the Roman persecutions to the crusades to the troubles in N.I. thousands have died in the name of this guy and his role...maybe it would be better if there was just one religion.
    would that be cos they were following his example ...his teachings?
    i think not.

why HAVE so many killed and died in the name of a guy who preached tolerance and love?
    People kill in the name of Jesus because they do not actually learn what he wished for the world. Crusaders and Saracens alike charged into battle with the cry of "God Wills It" but at least the Saracens had a sort of right to chant that in battle as the prophet Mohammed was a warrior and war leader who killed as much as he was a spiritual leader.

It lack of understanding in my opinion of the teachings of Jesus.

As for religious education lessons at school, i was sick of learning about other religions by the time i could drop the subject. Sick of them because we had every other religion you can name except Christianity rammed down our throats and that was in a CofE school.
    would that be cos they were following his example ...his teachings?
    i think not.

why HAVE so many killed and died in the name of a guy who preached tolerance and love?

Like I said, they didn't kill because of Jesus himself, they killed because of their interpretation of him...from the beginning of Christianity to the present day people have died for Christianity...if only there wasn't so much debate about the whole religious issue.