Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

One for the liberal religious bigots

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
---

Comments

• Options
    your initials are so apropriate!
  • Options
    religion hating Islam loving

You didn't quite think that through did you?

As for the rest of it, I'm amazed you haven't been banned yet.
  • Options
    I'm posting this not because I hate Islam, on the contrary I am a great admirer of the religion, militant, violent religion ."
    :banghead: :rolleyes: :crazyeyes :nervous:
  • Options
    Here is something that should scare both the religion hating Islam loving liberals and Conservatives alike.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4467370.stm

BBC Radio 4 visited a privately-run Muslim school in Lancashire to see how Islam affects the curriculum and how such a school equips its students for their role in modern Britain.

I'm posting this not because I hate Islam, on the contrary I am a great admirer of the religion, but because it is interesting to see the role this militant, violent religion has in such schools. Islam is infinitely more "homophobic" then the Bible and the Koran oozes hatred of women. Yet the Left seem so keen to have it taught in schools. Why?

"We thought we should set up our own school where we could educate our children morally and academically. What this means in practice is that the girls adhere to a rigorous uniform code, discipline is strict and teachers are expected to instil Islamic virtues, like self-discipline, in their charges. The whole ethos is Islamic."

I don't know anyone left wing who wants Islam taught in schools.

You're talking out of your arse i'm afraid.
  • Options
    You are in desperate need of help B.S.
  • Options
    It was an interesting radio program, and they seemed to have at kept it well balanced.

the bit that sticks most in my mind was how the headmaster couldn't go into a classroom without having made a previous arrangement to have done so.
  • Options
    and the Koran oozes hatred of women.

Because you're quite the feminista around these parts, aren't you? :yes:
  • Options
    Such schools are extremely unhelpful and do not promote integration, they actively promote divisions. Whilst I’m sure GCSE Arabic and Urdu are useful being a European country it’s absurd for such languages to be taught instead of modern European languages.
    they are all forbidden from talking to passers-by

Rather extreme. Muslims should not be alienating themselves.

There is a place for religious schools however I think they need to be rigorously monitored whatever religion the school is affiliated to. This to ensure that other religions are mentioned despite the emphasis being on the one religion the school is tied to and also to make sure that hatred, etc is not being promoted nor Creationism instead of Darwin's theory. (Although teaching both while not really ideal would seem acceptable).
  • Options
    Here is something that should scare both the religion hating Islam loving liberals and Conservatives alike.
    Huh?
    I'm posting this not because I hate Islam, on the contrary I am a great admirer of the religion, but because it is interesting to see the role this militant, violent religion has in such schools.
    Go read the Koran
    Islam is infinitely more "homophobic" then the Bible and the Koran oozes hatred of women. Yet the Left seem so keen to have it taught in schools. Why?
    Go read the Koran

The KKK are 'Christian'.
  • Options
    hmm a new standard of oxymoron: "religion-hating Islam-loving". Last I checked, Islam was a religion.

Bravo Slippy you've outdone yourself on the stupidity meter! *crowd cheers wildly*
  • Options
    I dont really care about the article/radio programme, and i agree with most of you who have critised BS point of view!
    But i think some of you should read his original post again, because everyone who is critisising him with insults about saying "religion-hating islam-loving" bit needs to check the bit he wrote in brackets at the bottom i think. He already says the word religion should be replaced by the word christian.
  • Options
    [QUOTE='-[MoonRat]-'
    The KKK are 'Christian'.[/QUOTE]
    he won't believe you you know ....
  • Options
    subject13 wrote:
    But i think some of you should read his original post again

have done.

yup, he's still a deliberately provocative racist troll.
    Such schools are extremely unhelpful and do not promote integration, they actively promote divisions. Whilst I’m sure GCSE Arabic and Urdu are useful being a European country it’s absurd for such languages to be taught instead of modern European languages.

Language is as much about culture as it is commercial importance. If it was based on commercial importance we'd all learn Spanish and Cantonese.

Religious schools of all denomination do more harm than good, IMHO, particularly when it comes to integration and empathy. They do tend to an have excellent ethos though.

The fact that they are so concerned about keeping girls separate from the boys illustrates how backward that religious faith is though, as is any religious faith that attempts to segregate women from men.
  • Options
    he won't believe you you know ....

The kkk weren't christains. They hated Catholics. Very narrowminded bastards
  • Options
    Kermit, i didnt say he wasnt a racist troll, I AGREE WITH YOU! I was just saying his mistake with the words religion and christian was corrected.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    and the catholics and proddies have hated each other ...your point?
  • Options
    and the catholics and proddies have hated each other ...your point?

They're all twats. The one's that hate that is.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    I'm sure they used a lot of Biblical references to justify their hatred, weren't they Protestant?

Just because you hate Catholics doesn't mean you can't be Christian.
  • Options
    I'm sure they used a lot of Biblical references to justify their hatred, weren't they Protestant?

Just because you hate Catholics doesn't mean you can't be Christian.

The bible doesn't mention any religions.

No, it's impossible to be a Christain if you hate another Christain, "love thy neighbour" and all that.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

No, it's impossible to be a Christain if you hate another Christain, "love thy neighbour" and all that.
    That's just your interpretation of it.

A Christian is somebody who believes in Christ and his teachings, the Bible can be interpretted in so many ways. Many Christians don't like homosexuals, it doesn't mean they're not Christians, it just means they're bigots.
  • Options
    That's just your interpretation of it.

A Christian is somebody who believes in Christ and his teachings, the Bible can be interpretted in so many ways. Many Christians don't like homosexuals, it doesn't mean they're not Christians, it just means they're bigots.

They're all gay imo.
  • Options
    Here is something that should scare both the *Christian hating Islam loving liberals and Conservatives alike.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4467370.stm

BBC Radio 4 visited a privately-run Muslim school in Lancashire to see how Islam affects the curriculum and how such a school equips its students for their role in modern Britain.

I'm posting this not because I hate Islam, on the contrary I am a great admirer of the religion, but because it is interesting to see the role this militant, violent religion has in such schools. Islam is infinitely more "homophobic" then the Bible and the Koran oozes hatred of women. Yet the Left seem so keen to have it taught in schools. Why?

Except of course you're talking crap again. I know of no one on the left who wants religious schools. You're also massively generalising about Islam and Christianity.
  • Options
    KKK are just a bunch of backwater, hillbilly hicks! Fuck em, Fuck em all! (Not litterally)
  • Options
    turlough wrote:

it even says love your enemies.
  • Options
    it even says love your enemies.

Do you think the people who wrote the Bible smoked dope or took hallucinogenic drugs?
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Do you think the people who wrote the Bible smoked dope or took hallucinogenic drugs?
    good book about that came out in the 60's.
    the sacred mushroom and the cross if remember right.

in revelation john always has to eat a small scroll before he sees things.
    it describes the taste as being bitter ...if you slice a mushroom in half it kind of looks like a scroll.

revelation opens up with john eating one and then talking to lampstands!
  • Options
    What a fascinating book, I've glanced over it but never took the time to read it into detail. Gonna start soon.
  • Options
    I am a great admirer of the religion,
    this militant, violent religion
    Islam is infinitely more "homophobic"

I can see why you "admire" it then Slippy.
    "We thought we should set up our own school where we could educate our children morally and academically. What this means in practice is that the girls adhere to a rigorous uniform code, discipline is strict and teachers are expected to instil Islamic virtues, like self-discipline, in their charges. The whole ethos is Islamic."

How is that approach different to Christian schools then?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kermit wrote:
    You didn't quite think that through did you?

As for the rest of it, I'm amazed you haven't been banned yet.

Perhaps he's one of the mods having a laugh? He's already posted enough stuff to be banned...
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Perhaps he's one of the mods having a laugh? He's already posted enough stuff to be banned...

To my knowledge, none of the mods have had lobotomies... yet ;)