Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

yet another silence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
now for the policewoman

getting a bit pointless all these stupid silences

Comments

• Options
    now for the policewoman

getting a bit pointless all these stupid silences

It's only at a memorial service. Which means it affects nobody that doesn't go.

Because you seem to have neglected the almost obligatory link:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/4467166.stm
  • Options
    Im amazed that hundred of people showed up. Not because I dont think she deserves it, not because I think the people in the UK are cold hearted. But I live in the US.... If a cop gets shot here, sometimes it wont even make headlines in local news. Not around where Im from of course, but in the larger cities, Violence is rampant! thank you second amendmant. Funny that they thought, 'Oh yeah, we all get to have guns' Before they thought 'Hey I dont want some fucking cop just walking into my house and searching it!'
  • Options
    Scruffy wrote:
    thank you second amendmant. Funny that they thought, 'Oh yeah, we all get to have guns' Before they thought 'Hey I dont want some fucking cop just walking into my house and searching it!'
    Probably figured that the former solves the latter.
  • Options
    I know, a policewoman doing her job is gunned down in cold blood, and its "stupid" to have a silence at a memorial service for her.

Disgrace!
  • Options
    Security gaurds don't get a minute's silence when this sort of thing happens to them. Neither do shop assistants, officer workers etc or pretty much anyone else actually.

Why is a police officer's death considered any more significant than the murder of anyone else?

A life is a life IMO.
  • Options
    Security gaurds don't get a minute's silence when this sort of thing happens to them. Neither do shop assistants, officer workers etc or pretty much anyone else actually.

Why is a police officer's death considered any more significant than the murder of anyone else?

A life is a life IMO.

If they held it in the street and asked everyone to join in it would be a different matter, but its at a memorial service, so its hardly unique.

I've been to plenty of funerals where we held a two minute silence, including my Nan, who died of old age.
  • Options

They do at their own memorial service.
  • Options
    Not on as wide a scale and afterall they do provide a service much like the police

Whatever.

They're having a silence at her memorial service. Big deal, what is the problem exactly?

There have been plenty of memorial services for other "have a go heroes" killed. There was one for Anthony Wilson.

It's rather disrespectful all this moaning and whingeing.