Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Death Metal Murders

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
edited January 2023 in General Chat
or whatever the fuck it was called on BBC2. What was it about? Anyone see it? Was the live clips of Slayer any good?

So, what did it say, or propose, etc... and conclusions drawn? I read an article about the murder in the paper, and so forth. I personally think, once again, scape goating. It was Rock n Roll, then Punk, and then Videogames.... now Metal.

If it is in the wrong bit (maybe this should be in politics and debate?) sorry!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This..?

Caught bits and pieces of it.. Can't really tell you much more than whats in the report..

It talked mainly about a Norweigen satanic cult of teenagers most of which are dead or doing time.. One of them commited suicide in a graveyard after setting himself on fire and another two were bound, stabbed, repeatedly hit and dumped into a pit.. wasn't very nice..

My mum was watching it and all she had to say was.. "Don't you go getting involved with any of that" .. Bless her!
  • Options
    I hate it when the blame for such fucked up stuff is blamed on the media or whatever. The people were obviously screwed in the head in the first place.
  • Options
    Cazzoo wrote:
    "Don't you go getting involved with any of that"

I'll send you some Slayer...
  • Options
    Hmmm reading this thread made me think of this that I read the other day, to do with the link that Cazzoo posted.
  • Options
    I liked the way the father of the murdered girl said "we listened to wholesome music like the Beach Boys".......nothing wrong there then :rolleyes:

Apart from a handful of Norwegian bands, like Mayhem who are genuinely evil it's all posturing. (The glory that is) Slayer are relatively lightweight compared to some of the shit coming out from Tromso.

They were tragic cases but the "Beasts of Satan" seemed like spooky kids who thought they were the Devil's minnions and probably had issues before getting involved in Metal.

Metal controversy has been sidelined since the focus went onto Rap music, but it'll always be there bubbling under.

The cover of Hell Awaits just makes you want to shout "Hell Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttsssssssssss" does it not? :)
  • Options
    There is some truth in what they say about it being influenced but what's easier; coming to terms with the fact that your kid is a fucking headcase and can't differentiate between real and not real or blaming someone rich and famous for your own problems?

I think anyone who actually gets properly influenced by that is just plain stupid. I fucking love Slayer but I don't go around doing the stuff in their lyrics.
  • Options
    I think anyone who actually gets properly influenced by that is just plain stupid. I fucking love Slayer but I don't go around doing the stuff in their lyrics.

And the telling issue is neither do they.

Like you say, if your child is thinknig LYRICS are real, dear god, don't let them near a fucknig TV! They'll SEE pictures as well and words. If hte kid is that fucked up, seek physciatric help. Same with people influenced by music, tv, games etc... if you cannot differenitiate between reality and fiction, you seriously do need help.
  • Options
    there was one guy at the end saying that people that listen to the music that don't have any problems will be fine and unaffected, people who do have problems such as isolation, loneliness, ect will do, but the music probably doesn't have anything to do with it and if it does the only thing it would do as act as a catalyst, and something else would do it otherwise.
  • Options
    Agreed.