Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Foundation stage numeracy any ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have to teach a numeracy lesson on Monday and i will be observed so i need to make a good impression. It has to be on number value 1-5. I have tried teaching 1-10 asking them to put the numbers in order and stick down triangles, but they weren't ready for it. I want to do something different, but i'm all out of ideas! Are there any PGCE/ITT students or FS teachers out there that can give me a hand? Or point me in the right direction of a good UK website?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    There are loads of good resources out there.

Try Primary Resources, or maybe BBC Schools, Teaching Ideas, Teachers TV is sometimes good, and the Times Educational Supplement has some good forums that sometimes have ideas. Try searching your local Grid for Learning website too. Some have some really good ideas on them.

I know of others but can't remember them off the top of my head at the moment. They are all saved on my laptop and I am using the boys computer. When I get back on my laptop I shall post again :)

Also, don't just stick with UK websites - the American etc ones have good ideas too - they still need to learn the numbers 1-5 too.

Primary Resources is definitely my favourite website though and have used lots of different things from there.

EDIT: Try RM and LTS Scotland too.

EDIT 2: I'm getting carried away now ... Try ICT Teachers too.

I'll stop now.