Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

New Little Britain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone watch the first episode of the new series last night?

I thought it was as good as ever, some interesting new characters :D , like the pissing old lady but the old characters are still as good as ever in my opinion. The PM and Sebastian sketch was particulary funny and the fat fighters one.

Can't wait for the next episode :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Watched a bit before I headed out, I thought it was good, they definately lived up to the expctation.
    OAP...which means old and putrid :lol:
    Watched the whole episode. Still had a good lot of laughs in it but in my opinion its losing its appeal now it's not as funny as it has previously. Plus .. Wasnt it dumbed down for bbc1. I saw in a newspaper some supposed characters, rude they were, that didnt make the final show because the beeb .. well that characters where very dodgy so you know what the bbc are like.

I wouldnt miss LB if it stopped coming on tv.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Ballerina wrote:
    OAP...which means old and putrid :lol:

Indeed. How true it was...
    T'was good. I think, it still had some of repetitiveness from the first two series, which I'm not too fond of, the whole "Yeah I know" thing, in every Lou and Andy sketch, but it managed to bring in some funny new ideas.
    computer says no....
    Nightfreak wrote:
    T'was good. I think, it still had some of repetitiveness from the first two series, which I'm not too fond of, the whole "Yeah I know" thing, in every Lou and Andy sketch, but it managed to bring in some funny new ideas.

Yeh the Andy and Lou sketch is definately getting overdone now. But the "computer say no" woman is funny still in a new place. Never keen on Little Britain, but it doesn't annoy me to be on.
    I thought it was shit.
    Doesn't whatshisface shag the old granny in this new one? You see hom taking her form behind!

Was quite good as well.
    Not as funny as it used to be...

I always loved the Conservative housewives.
    A mixed review from me, I'm afraid. I loved the sketch from the woman who's now working at a travel agents. Fat fighters was hilarious as ever. Unfortunately, that sketch with the woman urinating in the supermarket, that was plain revolting. Funny, but revolting too. I'm sorry to say this, but it seemed eerily similar to the sketches of that woman who vomited at the mention of blacks. If they're recycling material already, I think Little Britain's time may be short-lived.
    Doesn't whatshisface shag the old granny in this new one? You see hom taking her form behind!

Was quite good as well.

I think that might be one of the scenes that was cut
    i just don't find it funny in the slightest.
    It's utter shite.
    For once, we agree, mr blag.
    I liked Fat Fighters... I had a file on my old computer of my mate impresonating her, I can just imagine Nat in the common room now... 'come in new member take a seat... where was I? Oh yes - FAT COW, FAT COW, FAT COW'

Otherwise, it wasnt as side splittingly hilarious as before. I was in the bath for bits though