Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Acca

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know anyhting about this? I've been to their website but I need people's views etc on whther it's worth taking it.

thanks

miss xx

Comments

• Options
    What I do know is that if you want to go into accountancy, it is well worth doing.

Also that the exams are difficult so you would need to be prepared to do a lot of retakes. I don't think you need work experience in accounts to take the exams, but check up on it.
  • Options
    Do you want to be a chartered accountant?

If so, click here. The Insititute of Chartered Accountants. The ACA is the professional qualification required for accountancy jobs.
  • Options
    my cousin did it part time (it took her 10 years) but she said its well worth it, u can get paid loads.. i considered it as wel, i'm thinking of starting it next year.. gona get info from my old accounts teacher who did it aswel..
  • Options
    Its popular for accountants who dont want to sepecifically do practise or industy work. It is hard though, and a lot of people drop out, or end up doing a lot of resits. I'm currently finishing my AAT (Assosiation of Accounting Technicains) qulifications, and will them pobably go on to do CIMA (Charted Insitute of Managemnt Accountants)