Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Everclear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If not, I'll move it, but what goes good with everclear. The only thing I've ever mixed it with is pre bought hand gernade mix, but thats real sweet and although its good, I'm curious of what else it can go with.

Comments

• Options
    I've never even heard of everclear, is it a brand of something like rum or vodka?
  • Options
    Its a grain alcohol, so it tastes pretty gross by itself Its stronger than vodka and rum and all that stuff, I'm not really sure what you would consider it. Its 190 proof (95%)

Hmmm... I try to look for it online to link on here but all I get is links for the stupid band :|
  • Options
    Everclear, scary stuff, like Vodka but without the water part, be really careful.

And no, it would go in Drugs, given alcohol is one.
  • Options
    I tried mixing it with Coke Zero before as thats what I mix everything with, but it tasted like shit.
  • Options
    is it possible to mix stuff thats 95% , I'd assume mixing it with anything wouldn't do much to alter the taste.

Even when you mix vodka sometimes you can still taste the vodka and thats only 40%.

Have you tried lemonade , lime, blackcurrant, orange or tango. That's all the things we use in our cocktails at work, coke aswell but you've already tried that.

P.S. we don't use them all at once :cool:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Hmm, sounds interesting.

Post me some. :p
  • Options
    I'm shocked. We can't drink till 21 and have the worst beer and all that stuff yet you don't have everclear :p

See, I drink only vodka or captian, very rarely anything else, and its always mixed 50/50 so tastes don't really bother me that much, except for this. It was very odd. Unlike much i had tasted before. It was almost like I had poured some nail polish remover in my coke. But hand gernades are absoutly delicious. Can't taste it at all.
  • Options
    Try: 'Grain alcohol & Rain water'...

as imbibed by the communist-fearing major in the film 'Dr. Strangelove...'. Its a drink that is supposedly pure enough to stop communists contaminating your bodily fluids through the evil process of 'floridation' :D

(back in reality)

here you will find 73 drinks that use Everclear as an ingredient...go easy though mate, its could be really easy to do too much, too fast of this. Oh and WATCH IT with any lighted cigarettes of naked flames, this stuff goes up very easily.
  • Options
    Oh excelent, thank you (granted i havn't looked at it yet as its blocked here for some reason, but thanks il'l have a peek when i go home.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    my_name wrote:
    I'm shocked. We can't drink till 21 and have the worst beer and all that stuff yet you don't have everclear :p

We have turps instead. :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    whats a turp?
  • Options
    everclear is like pochine i take it? horrible stuff! agh. altho not as horrible as Balzams. the most disgusting drink ive ever tasted.

oh and try robot_alans idea, their cocktails are the shizzle.
  • Options
    Just treat it like rum, lots of fruit, juice, ice and a spoon of brown sugar.