Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TV boredom at night

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Flicking through the TV channels that we've got on Sky last night, I noticed a whole load of channels that broadcast these live game shows. You usually have to solve a simple puzzle, call a premium rate number and answer the question on-air. I saw one channel, for example, was giving away around £2000 to someone who could count up the spades on a set of cards randomly shuffled around a graphic on the screen. I suppose it's nice money if you get the answer right.

Anyway, has anyone here ever taken part in these things? And did you win?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You've lost the 'correct forum prize' please continue to the debate forum, do not pass go and ring 0891WEWANTYOURMONEY
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    You've lost the 'correct forum prize' please continue to the debate forum, do not pass go and ring 0891WEWANTYOURMONEY
    Eh? Sorry Jim, but I fail to see what this has to do with politics. It's just a question about whether anyone's won anything. What's politics got to do with it?
  • Options
    If any forum, I think it should go in Entertainment :/

Those channels/shows really do suck. There are loads of them, hogging precious TV broadcasting space. I don't see any point ringing them, the phone bill will be MAAAHOOOSIVE.
  • Options
    If any forum, I think it should go in Entertainment :/
    Send all your complaints to Mr Jim Valentine, TheSite.org Towers enclosed with a cheque for £500,000, to be addressed to the Stargalaxy Offshore Account... :p
    Those channels/shows really do suck. There are loads of them, hogging precious TV broadcasting space. I don't see any point ringing them, the phone bill will be MAAAHOOOSIVE.
    :yes:
  • Options
    Cheeky sod, originally it had a bit about how whether these shows exploit people. It will now sit in entertainment.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Cheeky sod, originally it had a bit about how whether these shows exploit people. It will now sit in entertainment.
    But what's entertaining about these game shows? :p So many ways to look at the issue.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's a rip-off... duh.

No-oce calls it except idiots. Now the TV shows where you can win a car... THAT I will enter. Car is far better.
  • Options
    its not just a politics forum, its politics and debate