Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Missed Assignment.. First one for the module

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've just started uni this year, and had a small presentation to do which counted towards 30% of the mark for the module. Thing is, due to my own stupidness and well stupidness, i freaked out last minute and didn't go in to do it... so i've basically failed this assignment.

I havent been in touch with anyone about it yet, but i'm dreading it. Will it have a massive impact on the way they treat me, like back in school? Or will they just accept its my own fault and leave me to it..? I only need 40% to pass the module by end of the year, which i'm sure i'll be able to do, but i'm just worried..(always been the swotty type in the past at school and that) and now just finding ive got absalutely no interest and no motivation. I can't believe I actually decided to just not bothering turning up for an assessed presntation, just because i was getitng worked up about it, its not like me. Do they tend to follow these things up, like question why i'm on the course and that, will I get in a lot of trouble? :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go talk to the module leader and explain what happened. They will be able to point you in the direction of some help so it doesn't happen again. If it is the first year and it doesn't count towards your final degree classification then don't worry about it too much, just try and move forward so it doesn't happen when it does count.

Moving to Uni can be very difficult, especially when you are used to being pushed being left to your own devices is a very new experience.

Don't beat yourself up. You're unlikely to get in trouble if it is the first time rather than a habit.
    Yeah go and talk to the module leader. Even though you only need 40% to pass the year the chances are you need to pass every assignment with 40% which would mean you need to do the presentation at some point. But definitely go and talk to someone, it's not good hiding away and ignoring the issue.
    I missed an assignment whcih was group work and my groupm8s were cool with it, they even put my name on it! :D

have already missed 2 assessments and a coursework, I know what u mean about not finding the motivation...i just cant be arsed to do any work !!

it;s not like i dont want to its just..i dunno ...such an effort to do something that really isnt fun. maybe im doing the wrong subject.

anyway know how u feel :P ..just talk to ure group theyll be fine with it, obv say u were feeling rough or slept in or something though :p
    If you had genuine medical concerns then you will have some sympathy, but you didn't tell them before so you will have much less sympathy.

Unless you have a good reason now, they may well just say "oops, sorry, tough shit". You can always retake in August if you've truly fucked up.