Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wacky dreams and XTC

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone... Great site BTW, just got an interesting question...

I once used to abuse now occasionally use XTC, and I notice how crazy my dreams become over the next few nights after a good night partying hard. I could tell you's about them if you want, but the common thing with them all is that they make absolutely no sence but I can remember and feel them more than any other dream.

I read up about their meanings, and it always has something to do with my life changing or a relationships in transition. I realise that pills change you, but still, does anyone ever get this purely from ecstasy???

Comments

• Options
    You're not using 5HTP are you by any chance?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Why do you ask Bong? You've got me all curious now...
  • Options
    Cant say I know what 5HTP is... So you got me intrigued... I defenitively get these kinds of dreams only after taking X. Usually for the next 3-4 days
  • Options
    X-n-TriK wrote:
    Cant say I know what 5HTP is... So you got me intrigued... I defenitively get these kinds of dreams only after taking X. Usually for the next 3-4 days

I don't know about the P bit, but Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) - from Erowid, I posted it in the comedown thread as well.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Why do you ask Bong? You've got me all curious now...

5HTP quite commonly causes people to have strong dreams.

As for the pills doing it, well dreaming is linked to seritonin so I assume its the messing with that which is causing the dreams. Unless you've been eating a lot of cheese.
  • Options
    Ahh, I see.

I should have read the link before I posted above, it says that 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is a precursor to serotonin.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Unless you've been eating a lot of cheese.

LOL! I looove cheese! :hyper:

Maybe thats what it is!?!
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    I should have read the link before I posted above, it says that 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is a precursor to serotonin.

You didnt know that 5HTP was the precusor? (giggles)

It may well be the cheese thing, eating cheese does help the production of seritonin and as a dairy product is somewhat difficult to digest, this means you are slightly more awake than normal and more likely to dream.
  • Options
    I get weird vivid dreams every night of the week and I nearly always remember them. Almost certainly due to drugs.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    You didnt know that 5HTP was the precusor? (giggles)
    :yeees: