Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Shroom kit advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can someone give me a basic lesson in what type of shroom kit to buy, differences, etc? My bud got a freakin' awesome one at my local Purple East but it was $140! So I checked on eBay, and there were lots of unidentified ones, and a lot of shitake mushroom kits. But many of them said "I do not sell spores"; I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good. Do you need spores to get a buzz? What the hell IS a spore? And what is a mushroom "log" kit? Any feedback would be helpful, as I'd rather not spend $140. I apologise, as I'm sure this has been asked before...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OK, given that magic mushrooms are a Class A drug in both the UK and US we cant really give you advice as to how to produce them.

But I will give you some information about the terms.

The spore is sort of like the seed they grow from, this is put in the soil, then left in a warm damp place for them to grow.

You can not consume the spore, it wont work and will probably make you feel ill.

Erowid or the shroomery will have more information.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I wish they wern't class A's now.

I had a great business plan to set up a fruit and veg style "pick your own'! :(
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I wish they wern't class A's now.

I had a great business plan to set up a fruit and veg style "pick your own'! :(

I wouldn't really be too bothered, doubt there's many pigs going around looking specifically for people dealing shrooms...our local shroom place still deals them, under the counter of course ;)
    turlough wrote:
    ...our local shroom place still deals them, under the counter of course ;)

thats a bit wild
    Thanks, you guys are the best! Looks like I'll be shelling out the $140 for one like my bud's. Only way it's a sure thing, as his kit fucks him up real good...

Oh, just one more question, though. Does putting it on top of your fridge make it grow better? Because my friend used that method and he has shrooms over a foot long in there!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Only becuase it may be warm on top of the fridge, and fungus generally like warm, moist conditions to grow...
    Thanks, you guys are the best! Looks like I'll be shelling out the $140 for one like my bud's. Only way it's a sure thing, as his kit fucks him up real good...

Shrooms are not for getting 'fucked up'.
    I always thought that they were not for getting fucked up but more chilled like being high but theres nothing saying that they won't get you fucked up if not used correctly

Certainly if you dont use them carefully it will end badly, but they are far more than just something to get twisted on, hallucinogenics are not something to just 'add into the mix' and they should be given proper respect.
    They can be fun, but there is something more there too which I think most users choose to ignore or block out. They can be a useful learning tool.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I think it's very had not to get 'fucked up' after consumign shrooms to be honest. They're a hectic drug.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    I think it's very had not to get 'fucked up' after consumign shrooms to be honest. They're a hectic drug.

But hopefully you can see the distinction I am trying to make, they are a more complex drug than just one to get messed up on.
    I can quite honestly say I despise shrooms...had one of the worst trips on my life on them, very hectic indeed.