Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

SSRI's

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I took these the other night. For those who don't know they are Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.

They totally fucked me over. Second worst drugs experience of my life. You feel like you're coming up but you never actually come up, which is torturous. Then I got nauseus. Then my mind started to disfunction and I got really agitated by everything.

Finally, I took some blues to calm myself down and it had the desired effect thankfully. But fuck that, most of my bad drug experiences have come from (a) something bought over a counter and (b) something prescribed by doctors.

I'm illegal drugs all the way now baby. ;)

ETA: I realise the irony in the fact that I used prescription drugs to aid my condition :p .

Comments

• Options
    SSRI's will not get you 'high', they have no real recreational use which is one of the reasons why they are so commonly prescribed.

It would be interesting to know which of these did you take addicted, and in what dosage.

Also what made you decide to do this in the first place.
  • Options
    SSRI's will not get you 'high', they have no real recreational use which is one of the reasons why they are so commonly prescribed.

It would be interesting to know which of these did you take addicted, and in what dosage.

Also what made you decide to do this in the first place.

I believe they were Citalopram though I can't be certain. I will find out the dosage in each tablet but I took 2. I'm always careful when I'm a virgin to a certain type of drug so I wasn't going overboard thankfully.

What made me decide to do this?

Well it was Friday night and we were waiting for an ounce of MDMA powder to arrive in the post the next morning at 8.30am. We were partying all night and I kind of wanted a pick me up until the holy grail arrived. My friend had the SSRI's, not for depression, but because he's such a junkie the doctor prescribed them, to help his addiction. Anyway, I enquired about them and decided to take a couple. I don't usually meddle in medical drugs but you know how it is when you're at a party and the urge starts. So I took them.

Anyway, the MDMA didn't arrive the next day even thouh it was sent by express delivery. So that was shit. But we had the valiums so if you can't go east, you may as well go west, eh? Then lo and behold an ounce of MDMA lands on our doorstep this morning. Not much fucking use now though, well not for a while yet anyway.
  • Options
    2 pills of Citalopram shouldnt do fuck all to you, unless you had a bad reaction.
    what were they 20mgs??
  • Options
    nah Citalopram shouldnt do fuck all xp if they were 2 tabs of 20mg
  • Options
    But they certainly can cause anxiety and nausea if you take them when unprescribed. Not recommended.
  • Options
    Your meddling in prescription drugs may well have ruined your MDMA high too, SSRI's block the action and make it much less euphoric. It should wear off in 10 days or so.