Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Heinz Beans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hey just want to get a few opinions

Were do you shop for your groceries and when buying baked beans, do u buy the supermarket branded beans or heinz beans, and why?

Thanks look forward to hearing from u
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lol, how random.

i buy beans from where ever i'm doing shopping. so either tesco, morrisons, sainsburys or asda. don't buy the cheapy own brand ones though and am not keen on heinz.
    I shop at asda. I buy supermarket own brand beans, but not the economy brands, because I really don't like them! :yuck:
    Er, I will speak on behalf of my mother..as she does the food shopping.

Shops at many supermarkets and always buys Heinz Beans.
    Beanz Meanz Heinz tbh.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Weird.

I'm too skint so its cheap everything
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kentish wrote:
    Beanz Meanz Heinz tbh.
    Yup.

Until I move out on my own, then its cheapest availible probably.
    I do most of my shopping at the local shop in halls, sometimes go to tescos. And yes, heinz beans all the way.
    I buy supermarket own, and I challenge anyone to spot the difference.

When I was a student I shopped at tesco- the value stuff was good. I even bought Tesco clothes (and they're still going strong three years later).
    i buy economy brand beans cos theyre 11p, and taste like any other beans.
    Some things i will splash out extra if theyre different enough to warrant the price, but not for baked beans.
    Beans are horrible.
    Beans are horrible.

What! Beans are lovely :yum: :yes:
    I'm sorry but having eaten both economy brand beans and Heinz beans, they clearly is a difference in quality. You can't beat Heinz beans :p
    youve `bean` brainwashed.
    There maybe a difference, but not enough to warrant heinz being 4x the price of the others.
    Unless beans are the main part of your meal, its only a sauce really to wet your bacon and eggs.
    I find that the taste of both Asda and Sainsbury's beans is superior to Heinz beans, which i find are often quite hard.

So I'd buy Asda beans probably.
    I'm sorry but having eaten both economy brand beans and Heinz beans, they clearly is a difference in quality. You can't beat Heinz beans :p

you can meet halfway and have supermarket own brands as opposed to the economy ones!
    Anyone else smell a market-research troll?

Anyways, Heinz and nothing else. The others are even more gross. If you're talking real beans, I get them from my charming local Bristolian grocer, Reg the Veg.
    i shop at either somerfield or morrisons depending on whether im walking or going by car.
    i mostly buy my fruit and veg, sometimes eggs and milk from the local green grocers.

heinz beans all the way.
    cheap beans. there is a slight difference in the taste of the tomato sauce, but it's waaaaay too slight to bother me, and nothing that can't be compensated for by whacking a bit of cheese on or putting a little extra butter on your jacket tattie/toast.
    i buy economy beans as a student - although you do sometimes get a minging tin which is either two thirds juice or watery. not very often though.

i do think there is a difference between them and heinz though.
    Beans are horrible.

hate you too ;( :p

I prefer HP beans as the sauce is nicer. Value beans just come with more sauce than bean hence the fact they are 9p!
    Heinz if I have to. I wouldn't touch them though, given the choice, as I think they are vile.
    Heinz are better if they're slowly cooked in a pan on the stove. HP beans in the microwave... Wouldn't touch value/own brand beans with a 10 foot barge pole. yuck.

Ilora x

For all those who say they can tell the difference, I actually don't believe you.

You can see the different packets so expect there to be a differnce.
    Kermit wrote:
    For all those who say they can tell the difference, I actually don't believe you.

Nonsense. There is a noticeable difference. Whether this bothers you or not decides whether you stick with the market leader (Heinz) or go for cheaper alternatives. But I prefer Heinz because it is what I was brought up eating and I don't like the taste of the own brands, economy or not.
    Kermit wrote:

you'd be able to see the difference between tesco value beans and heinz beans, let alone taste it!

they have half the number of beans for starters.
    With the value beans you get all of 10 whole beans in the tin! Sauce is all watery and runny aswell :yuck:

However when im that skint sometimes have to grin and 'bean' it, can normally find some heinz or cross&blackwell multipacks on buy one get one free though :thumb:
    I buy the supermarkets own beans, they seem to taste nicer than Heinz to me.

Lidls baked beans are :yuck: They taste really sugary!!
    hmmm i like own brand beans and i find heinz beans more runny :confused: i got safeway beans once and they had hardly any juice! although they all taste the same to me
    i buy heinz (or tesco's own if skint (not value)) beans i buy both from tesco
    I'm pretty sure there's not really much difference. I remember doing a case study in business studies a few years ago, and essentially they came from the same farms, and the difference was in the label and the way they are marketed. Though this does of course apply primarily to the origin of the beans. The quality (and volume) of the sauce, and of course quantity of beans are likely to differ from brand to brand, though quintessentially i would say there is little difference between one and the other, except for the marketing and packaging budget.
    So to summarise: I don't buy baked beans.