Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Drug possession penalties

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Guys,

I am doing some case study research to a rather tight deadline on the complicated laws surrounding drug possession penalties.

Have any of you been detained and arrested by the police for possession of any commonly used class A, B, or C drug?

Have any of you been slapped with what is known as a reprimand or the alternative punishment of final warning (under 18)

Have an y of you 18 and over been done for possession with intent to deal. What was you punishment.

More commonplace has anyone been given a 'street warning' for say smoking cannabis in front of a police officer? How were you treated. Were you let off or nicked? as class C cannabis is supposed to be 'an issue of police discretion.

Please share your experiences with me or PM me with your take. Your anonymity will be protected, or as you like it.

Comments

• Options
    A mate of mine got busted outside Bagleys with a pill, he got a caution.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I got caught going into Creamfields with around 6 pills and a hefty amount of hash. I was arrested, taken back to the cop shop, questioned, cautioned and then they let me walk back to the event.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Soap bar
    A mate of mine got caught with about a half ounce of soap bar he also got away with a caution

Excuse my ignorance, what is soap bar? - any official name...
  • Options
    all too common 'dans l'angleterre' too im afraid.
  • Options
    Never got caught myself, few close shaves...I knew a boy who got caught with 96 pills, 3 g's of coke and a bit of hash...shit one.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The event didn't mind you coming back again?

Nope.

I still had my ticket so I just breezed right in, though I missed several hours of fun and I had to buy a whole load of gear when I got in.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    few people at my old job got in shit for smoking pot at work, because of the dumb shits who got caught my name was mentioned for carrying it at work, i denied anuthing and everything because i knew there was no proof...

so i got away with a warning witch i still think was harsh
  • Options
    wrong thread, was meant to go in the your babe one, mods can you move it please, im off to bed
  • Options
    mazza wrote:
    Excuse my ignorance, what is soap bar? - any official name...

Soap bar - crap cheap hash.
  • Options
    My mate got caught with a 5deal and he's being taken to court, well that's the nappers said anyway wouldn't listen to what they say here.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    My mate got caught with a 5deal and he's being taken to court, well that's the nappers said anyway wouldn't listen to what they say here.

who?