Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lying Time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been told that I won't receive payment for the shifts I'm doing in my first week of work. I understand this, however, does overtime count? When do I get this money back? At the end of my contract? Will I get it if they decide to offer me a permanent job?

Comments

• Options
    hoooold on a minute. let me get this straight. you are working for nothing? or you just won't get paid until the end of your second week/month but you will still get the dosh (this is common)?

if they want you to do a week's work with no pay i would tell them where to stick it.
  • Options
    If it is a weeks lie time then you will get it at the end of the second week.

I.E. if you work, Monday to Friday... you won't get your money until the following Friday [or whatever your pay day]
  • Options
    Bastards. So I'll get it at the end of my temp contract...even if they keep me on?
  • Options
    Jazza wrote:
    Bastards. So I'll get it at the end of my temp contract...even if they keep me on?

No, you just get paid a week late, all the time.

End of Week one - you get nothing
    End of week two - you get money for week one
    End of week three - you get money for week two and (for example) stop working
    End of week four (where you haven't worked) - you get money for week three, yaay.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    No, you just get paid a week late, all the time.

End of Week one - you get nothing
    End of week two - you get money for week one
    End of week three - you get money for week two and (for example) stop working
    End of week four (where you haven't worked) - you get money for week three, yaay.

:yes: :yes:

Shu'p everwonderwhy :razz:
  • Options
    sounds similar to how i get paid.

on week 6, i get paid for weeks 1-4. then on week 10, i get paid for weeks 5-8. etc
    but when i leave, i'll still get paid for what i've worked, it'll just be in the next months wages.
  • Options
    Cheers :D I don't get paid till next month so looks like this christmas = me running around like a half wit buying late presents.