Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Eye Twitching.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We have all had a twitch in one or the other of our eyes, where the (usually) lower lid twitches and flickers. Some put it down to excess stress, or caffeine, others say its a nervous twitch.

Ive had this before, you ignore it for a week or so, and it finally goes away. But I have had it for 2 months now. At least once or twice a day, it goes off, for maybe an hour at a time, and will just keep twitching, and flicking. It really is beginning to get on my nerves.

I hate health centres, and really hate people who waste doctors time, so I was wondering if people knew of an over the counter solution for this?

Cheers guys

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I get it occasionally and it's annoying.

Are you tired? I get it when I have insomnia.
  • Options
    i get this, sometimes days on end but haven't had it in a while........i put it down to lack of sleep as it's usually when i'm very tired and have to drag my arse out of bed to work........i'm not sure there is any medication for it, you just need more sleep my friend.
  • Options
    I've been off the last few days, the missus has only just got back from a funeral in Ireland, so I had some time off to spend with her. We slept for about 12 hours last night, early night, late rise kind of thing, was great... but I still have had it a few times today, i just suddenly notice it happening.... So frustrating!!
  • Options
    i've had full body twitches, and certain muscles and my eye lids. I've been told it's stress and lack of sleep. so there you go...
  • Options
    I somtimes have a phantom eyelid twitch. Drives me crazy.
  • Options
    I somtimes have a phantom eyelid twitch. Drives me crazy.

Exactly what I have... so far today... not happened, but no doubt it will come along sooner or later.