Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hair cut from hell (or legoland?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Currently sporting a legoman sort of hair cut.. if you get me. I'm a girl, by the way. It's long at the sides and sort of cut against my head.. short on the top.. very short layers.. I can't describe. But me no like. :impissed: Especially as I TOLD the hairdresser "Not too short." And "I'm trying to grow it." My beautiful shoulder length hair gone.. I can handle cute little bobs, but this beast?? Boo!
Several things:
1. I have no idea how to style it, I'd like to flick out the sides to disguise the boofyness on top, but don't know which products to use?
2. Anyone else had a hair disaster like this?
3. Um.. how long does it take for hair to grow back? :(

Comments

• Options
    Kind of like this or this

It's fashionable at the moment.. work it! :p
  • Options
    hey

ooh its kinda like the second.. but that looks ace. What sort of products could I use to work it like that? N/B on a strict student budget!
  • Options
    pinkvans wrote:
    But me no like. :impissed: Especially as I TOLD the hairdresser "Not too short." And "I'm trying to grow it." My beautiful shoulder length hair gone.:(

And this is exactly why i hate going to the hair dressers, and only dare brave that experience about once a year :p

If you have a picture of your do it might help us out a bit more :)
  • Options
    yo

Lack of digital camera ere.. hehe.

http://www.hair-styles.net/short/large/s2.htm

it's very similar to that. But longer layers around the bottom. do you see what I mean about bouffy at the top? Would like to balance it out a bit?
  • Options
    you and me both :(

*looks* probably the same bastarding hairdresser too.

you'll hate my advice, but i think you should get the longer bits trimmed. yes you'll have short hair, but that beats a fashion mullet hands down. hair grows, but shame is forever.
  • Options
  • Options
    see this is why i'm glad my hairdresser listens and does it how i ask