Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

UTI how to ease symptoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I jus been to see the nurse and she told me ive got too much proteins and blood and some other stuff in my urine.
She gave me some anti biotics to clear it up.

Need some other ideas of what will make it go away because i have such an important few days at work and i cant afford to be in pain or dashing to the toilet every 10 mins lol

Any ideas be really greatful!
so far iv just been told to drink loads and loads of water but obviously then i will actually need to go to the toilet more lol

Cheers Guys!!

ooh also does anything in particualr cause it, and from doing something that triggers it how long would it take to show symptoms...if that makes sense!

Comments

• Options
    Cranberry juice. That just helps a little. There aren't really any things that can ease the symptoms. Just some pain killers for the pain if you have that. And from what the dr. said to me when I had one, there is nothing really specific that causes it. Not using the restroom after sex can bring unwanted bacteria in there, not washing every day and washing your hands before you use the restroom, wiping from back to front or just bad luck.
  • Options
    The antibiotics will obviously treat the underlying cause of the symptoms and they should clear up in a couple of days (always finish the full course of antibiotics). Other than that, drink plenty (esp. water and the famously effective cranberry juice) and take a simple painkiller if required. It shouldn't keep you off work.

More info here