Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What has happened to virginity???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, im 19. I lost my virginity a year ago. Alot of people when i was at high school, lost it at around 14,15. I chose to wait until I found the right person and was completly ready. Alot of my friends who lost it young, regret it and wish they had waited, and from reading the posts here, I can see alot of you do too. Isnt virginity supposed to be cherised? But nowadays as suppose its seen as "dorky" to be a virgin, why do teenagers feel the need to waste themselves on drunken nights in bushes!? Good for them if they are in a loving relationship and really want it, but too many people are just out to shed the label of virgin! Even people selling there virginty on ebay! Why has it become such I thing people are desperate to lose?
btw, i think you can guess i dont like much of American Pie.

Comments

• Options
    as for selling on ebay (which you can't actually do, i believe), you can get a fair whack for that. it doesn't make it right though. i think generally, people are just in a hurry to grow up and are under pressure to do the same as everyone else. i lost my virginity when i was 19, so it didn't really apply to me!
  • Options
    I was 15. And although I do think now that it was too young, I lost mine to the right person, someone I really really cared about and don't regret that person at all. It also wasn't a drunken fumble in the bushes :no:
  • Options
    I left it quite late myself... but I am afraid, it is all because times are changing. We live in a society nowadays which is full of sexuality, and that without going into the different types. Be it curious, bisexual, hetero or homo, sex is absolutely everywhere. Television shows that are based on it air frequently, music videos are full of it, and it is construed as glamourous. No wonder younger and younger people are having sex, and to be worryingly honest, it seems to be worse in young girls.

My partner has twin 14 year old step sisters, and I mean just fourteen. One of them has sex on a regular basis, and not with a steady partner, and although we do not know for sure we are quite certain the other one has too. I know many of you would think this is none of my business, but we look after them on a regular basis, over fortnights and even a month at times, and we have to treat them the same way as their parents do (my partners dad and his new wife.) This means on weeknights they are allowed out until 10pm, and on weekends, or if they have no school (like this week) they have a 2AM curfue! I'm afraid to say, it's attitudes like this which are constantly lowering the age that kids are having sex.
  • Options
    Eul Grepus wrote:
    I left it quite late myself... but I am afraid, it is all because times are changing. We live in a society nowadays which is full of sexuality, and that without going into the different types. Be it curious, bisexual, hetero or homo, sex is absolutely everywhere. Television shows that are based on it air frequently, music videos are full of it, and it is construed as glamourous. No wonder younger and younger people are having sex, and to be worryingly honest, it seems to be worse in young girls.

My partner has twin 14 year old step sisters, and I mean just fourteen. One of them has sex on a regular basis, and not with a steady partner, and although we do not know for sure we are quite certain the other one has too. I know many of you would think this is none of my business, but we look after them on a regular basis, over fortnights and even a month at times, and we have to treat them the same way as their parents do (my partners dad and his new wife.) This means on weeknights they are allowed out until 10pm, and on weekends, or if they have no school (like this week) they have a 2AM curfue! I'm afraid to say, it's attitudes like this which are constantly lowering the age that kids are having sex.

2AM at 14 :no:

I wasnt allowed out till that time for atleast another 3 years and that involved my parents knowing where i was at all times. Have you ever thought of speaking to there dad and step mum about it? Seems strange that they should be allowed out so late.

Personally i dont think its that bad for say a 15 year old boy or girl to go out and have sex so long as there safe and with a partner, Times are changing and we cant just say its not going to happen. Some people just mature quicker than others, at 14 i wasnt ready for sex but then again i had always felt a little behind when it came to doing things with girls. Some other people by the age they are 15 are ready for it, be it the way they were brought up or the fact there body has matured quicker than others and they have been more intersted in sex from a younger age.

I do still find it worrying though that 14 year old girls are having sex with multiple partners.. :eek2:
  • Options
    It's their step-dad and their mum. We have tried, but get fired down with "who the fuck do you think you are?"

Never mind ayy.,
  • Options
    i do regret mine but thats because of what happened afterwards and i should have seen it coming, but i think its unfair to say they only do it to lose their virginity, because i may have been young, but that was never why i did it
  • Options
    I've met the girl who sold hers on eBay - she goes to my Uni. That's all I have to add to this thread.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Sex can just be fun. Why do you have to be in a 'caring relationship'?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i was talking to a girl in my class today, she's one of the youngest and isn't 16 till next summer, but she's sleeping with a 35 year old because he has a nice car and money
    she lost it when she was 13/14 i think
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i was talking to a girl in my class today, she's one of the youngest and isn't 16 till next summer, but she's sleeping with a 35 year old because he has a nice car and money

now i think that is definetely wrong
    a) she is shallow to go with someone just for those two reasons
    B) a 35 year old has to be sick to want to go with at 16 year old
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Sex can just be fun. Why do you have to be in a 'caring relationship'?
    It would be better if these young teens that are having sex so early were also using protection to avoid unwanted pregnancies and STD's. As it stands a lot of them aren't using anything but wishful thinking. I agree, sex can just be fun, but when there are health considerations and an ever-increasing number of unwanted pregnancies I don't think this is Ok.
  • Options
    Mia16 wrote:
    now i think that is definetely wrong
    a) she is shallow to go with someone just for those two reasons
    B) a 35 year old has to be sick to want to go with at 16 year old
    i know, she is an ok person but she doesn't mince her words and is always in trouble. She doesn't really give a toss. Oh well.....her life.
    I think she should be thinking what a man that old is doing with an underage girl.
  • Options
    Silverberg wrote:
    I agree, sex can just be fun, but when there are health considerations and an ever-increasing number of unwanted pregnancies I don't think this is Ok.

What isn't OK, that young people shouldn't have sex for fun. You don't have to remain a virgin to avoid STI's or pregnancy!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i know, she is an ok person but she doesn't mince her words and is always in trouble. She doesn't really give a toss. Oh well.....her life.
    I think she should be thinking what a man that old is doing with an underage girl.

Exactly, I think people like that are disgusting, it's close to pedophilia imo
  • Options
    Exactly, I think people like that are disgusting, it's close to pedophilia imo
    isn't it pedophilla anyway? she said she's only doing it to spend his money....so isn't that like more or less being a prosititute?
  • Options
    mrs_berry wrote:
    Isnt virginity supposed to be cherised? But nowadays as suppose its seen as "dorky" to be a virgin, why do teenagers feel the need to waste themselves on drunken nights in bushes!? Good for them if they are in a loving relationship and really want it, but too many people are just out to shed the label of virgin! Even people selling there virginty on ebay! Why has it become such I thing people are desperate to lose?
    btw, i think you can guess i dont like much of American Pie.
    I blame the media. Especially American pie and similar films although they are really funny)! Sex has become just a fun recreational activity (just ask Skive!). We need to get back to Christian values. Virginity should be a "virtue" and sex should be kept within a stable relationship, or better in marriage. Lets not forget the basics. The real purpose of sex is to continue the species, not just for a bit of fun. Therefore it should be respected rather more than Skive respects it.
  • Options
    Sex has become just a fun recreational activity (just ask Skive!). We need to get back to Christian values. Virginity should be a "virtue" and sex should be kept within a stable relationship, or better in marriage. Lets not forget the basics. The real purpose of sex is to continue the species, not just for a bit of fun. Therefore it should be respected rather more than Skive respects it.

:lol: Your off your tits mate. What's wrong with having sex for fun?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:

There's a girl like this in my school .. she apparently lost it on a park bench at twelve and is currently dating some 25 year old..

There've been so many rumours about her.. she's been with this guy.. she did this to this guy.. she's pregnant .. etc.. I never believed it - but there are even videos..
    :yuck:

I think she even enjoys the Slag status she has at our school..
  • Options
    yeah theres a few at my school
    like just today some 13 year old year 9 walked past in fishnets and her shirt showing her (rather nasty) belly
    the year 9s were spending a day doing some drama thing so alot of the girls were walking round in tiny vest tops and it was freezing
    im sorry they looked like baby sluts
  • Options
    I think dolphins have sex for recreation as well. May be more animals in the world, I don't remember them all.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Ballerina wrote:
    isn't it pedophilla anyway?
    No. Pedophilia is only when it's with a person who hasn't gone through puberty yet.
  • Options
    Zalbor wrote:
    No. Pedophilia is only when it's with a person who hasn't gone through puberty yet.

of course its not! If a 45 year old was pervin over a 15 year old i would still call it pedophilia
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Mia16 wrote:
    of course its not! If a 45 year old was pervin over a 15 year old i would still call it pedophilia
    You'd call it that, but it's not. The term has to do with biological differencies, and the only difference between an 18-year-old and a 17-year-old is legal.
    I assume if it was a 50 year old "perving over" a 20 year old you'd be fine with it?
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    :lol: Your off your tits mate. What's wrong with having sex for fun?

There's the risks of STDs and unwanted pregnancies for a start.
  • Options

If you take precautions then that aint going to be a problem is it?
    Sex is more than just procreation.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

I agree with everything you've said in here. Sex if fun and enjoyable. There are risks with it, but you take precautions. Every hobby has risks, you could enjoy reading then one day get a bad paper cut develope gangreen and die.

Besides dolphins, humans are the only ones who fuck for fun, take advantage of that. Not everybody has a working sex drive, take advantage that you do. You can view sex as a fun passtime, or you can see it as the wacko mother in Carrie did. You can see it as somewhere in the middle, each to their own. You can save yourself till your old and gray or fuck anything that moves. You can do what you want when you want but you can't deny that sex is ment to be fun. Sex is ment to be enjoyable and is ment to be done!

People go around and make out with everything and nobody ever seems to have a problem with that, fucking is much more fun than kissing so why not go around and do that. ;)
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    The only thing that's certain about sex is anyone can always learn more about it.
  • Options
    Lycander wrote:
    I think dolphins have sex for recreation as well. May be more animals in the world, I don't remember them all.

All animals have sex for recreation.
  • Options

Have you never of things called condoms?

Some people man... :banghead:
  • Options
    Argh, a boy in my form lost his when he was 10. He didn't wear a condom, and he lost it under some coats in school. Oh, and he also did it on a train track... Clever.

I lost my virginity a few months back (15). I don't regret it, I wasn't pressured and I love my boyfriend of now 11 months. I think as long as people aren't following the crowd (like my friend is.. she wants to lose her virginity in a toilet with a random..) then it's fine by me.. as long as they're not 10 year olds of course :yeees: