Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trick or Treat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you have little brats coming round the doors in their Halloween costumes where you are? Do you open the door to them and give them apples & tangerines and listen to their jokes?

Or are you like me, you turn the outside light out and unplug the doorbell? If only I could unplug the dog to stop him barking, I'd have the perfect night in :grump:

Comments

• Options
    very bad expreriences in halloween, but its the ussual rejection method, get a realy big guy to just say NO, even before they say what there gonna say, just say NO, then they will say 'no what', say NO
  • Options
    I think that's pretty harsh. I went Trick or Treating when I was a kid, and I loved it. Didn't you? I'm hardly going to ignore the kids that come round, that would be really rude in my opinion... It only cost me £4 for a whole load of sweets, it isn't killing me to open the door to them, play along with them and give them some chocolate is it?
  • Options
    I have a bucket of pigs blood ready for the occasion.
  • Options
    we usually give sweets to the smaller kids, or the ones who've made an effort with their costume. the teenagers who show up in their tracksuit and ask for money can do one.
  • Options
    I think that's pretty harsh. I went Trick or Treating when I was a kid, and I loved it. Didn't you? I'm hardly going to ignore the kids that come round, that would be really rude in my opinion... It only cost me £4 for a whole load of sweets, it isn't killing me to open the door to them, play along with them and give them some chocolate is it?
    In an ideal world where you have angelic little witches and cute little devils coming to the door with knock knock jokes then fair enough. In reality though Im more likely to have 14 year olds with scream masks on wanting money.
  • Options
    I've had 2 lots so far, but i'm off out in a minute so i'm just going to leave my bowl of lollypops in the porch :D

I made a sexual pumpkin and everything, yeaaaah bordem!
  • Options
    We always open the door and share out sweets whatever we have.. Sometimes i dont see the point when little brats decide to egg your front door anyway.. :impissed:

As for tonight i'm off round a friends house to hide, watch scary movies and have a few drinks.. :)
  • Options
    i'm not a great fan of halloween. mostly 'cause every time someone knocks at the door it sends our 3 dogs crazy. my mum used to encourage us to sit in the room at the back of the house leaving the ones at the front off so people would think we're out! i live on a road surrounded mainly by half-dead elderly folk so shouldn't have a great problem! but shehasnotime makes a fair point, i used to like it as a kid.
  • Options
    some advice, alot of social unrest, violence is iminent, so dont open your door!!!!!

tell me if any of you get attacked plz
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I've had 2 lots so far, but i'm off out in a minute so i'm just going to leave my bowl of lollypops in the porch :D

haha, if i came to your door i'd so nick off with the lot.
  • Options
    O.B wrote:
    some advice, alot of social unrest, violence is iminent, so dont open your door!!!!!

do one would you.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    we usually give sweets to the smaller kids, or the ones who've made an effort with their costume. the teenagers who show up in their tracksuit and ask for money can do one.

Same here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hand them out to every Tom Dick Or Harry. And half the time it's not the kids fault that they are brats - its the way they've been brought up. Round here, anyway.
  • Options
    We always give the kids stuff at Halloween! Even if it is an American imported tradition, its an ace one and some of the kids put in so much effort that they deserve the sweets etc.

I know most of the Dickheads round here anyway so they don't often bother coming round cus they know they'll get told where to stick it :p

I'm going collecting my pay from the pub/club thing i work at and me and the lads are gonna have a few pints etc. Good stuff!
  • Options
    do one would you.

:yippe:
  • Options
    O.B wrote:

Why would someone come and knock on your door just to smack you? If someone tried that game on with me i'd chase them down the road with a hammer and steal their sweets.
  • Options
    I had a couple of kids at the door about half an hour ago..gave em a kitkat each as it's all we had about.

I'm going out soon anyway, so won't have to open the door to any kiddies.
  • Options
    haha, if i came to your door i'd so nick off with the lot.

lol i know, good job your not coming then isn't it, pinching lollys from small children :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    lol i know, good job your not coming then isn't it, pinching lollys from small children :p

i'm only 5'4". :p
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    some of the kids put in so much effort that they deserve the sweets etc.

i've just seen a teeny witch a couple of doors down. she even has a proper broomstick. it's pretty cute.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i've just seen a teeny witch a couple of doors down. she even has a proper broomstick. it's pretty cute.
    We've just had one kid come up dressed as a Vampire - Facepaint, outfit etc - the full works, but he spoiled it for himself for trying to take half the bags worth of sweets :p
  • Options
    i refuse to deal with blackmailrs and terrorists.
  • Options
    In here is still day, so the little ones are at home getting ready... i guess
    it seems like i will have to go with my nephew to ask for candies :eek2: that will be funny hahaa, in this building some people organized some kind of a party, so the people who does not want to participate they just put a logo on the door, and the childrens will not go to their houses, is more practical what way
  • Options
    i refuse to deal with blackmailrs and terrorists.
    You won't get any trick or treaters living up in the middle of nowhere will you, aside from the odd sheep :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    I made a sexual pumpkin and everything, yeaaaah bordem!
    Think you can remember to take a pic and post it here?
  • Options

Or are you like me, you turn the outside light out and unplug the doorbell?

:yes: but that's because we really do have nothing to give them except sprouts which i doubt they'd be too impressed with...
  • Options
    We never did anything for Halloween when I was young, and I don't really think much to trick or treating. We haven't had anyone yet, but I am going out in about half an hour to a pub crawl and then a party afterwards, so will avoid any. Hopefully.
  • Options
    The little kids seem to like our house tonight. Makes a change round here. There were 9 of them at our door earlier :|.

I hate Halloween purely because of Trick or Treaters. Particularly the chavs who think wearing a mask under their hoody constitutes as an outfit.
  • Options
    Doofay wrote:
    You won't get any trick or treaters living up in the middle of nowhere will you, aside from the odd sheep :p
    we do sometimes.
    their parents drive them around!
    i find it all a bit unbelievable.
  • Options
    I dont mind the little kids, coz the can look quite sweet, but the teenagers can go take a hike.
  • Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else give the little devils sweets thats been sitting in the cupboard for 6 months?