Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I'm so embarassed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just got ID'ed... buying a lottery ticket.

That wouldn't be so bad, if I didn't just turn 20 on Saturday.

Is it just me with a babyface?! Or are there any of you lot that get ID'ed all time time?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends where i go, if it's down my local it never happens (obviously :p) but in trendy bars or clubs i get asked a fair bit. i know i look quite young and most places do the 'Think 21' thing now anyway so i don't really mind.

Never for a lottery ticket though!
    that means they thought you were 15. :p
    Is it just me with a babyface?! Or are there any of you lot that get ID'ed all time time?!
    Whilst at Haven, I asked a lot of people for ID, even many who were blatantly over 18. Personally, I would never have dared ID you. :p

probly was too busy looking at your breasts tbh
    I don't often gtet ID'd but I did a few weeks back buying asprin in boots....so at 23 I get ID's for looking not yet 16....I wasn't impressed to say the least.
    Kazbo wrote:
    I don't often gtet ID'd but I did a few weeks back buying asprin in boots....so at 23 I get ID's for looking not yet 16....I wasn't impressed to say the least.

youthful looks ;)

you'll be glad you have them later in life
    I got ID'd in sainsburys buying ciggies a couple of weeks ago....I'm 25 :o

It sort of made my day tho! :D
    A thread started back on August 21st by, well, me on this very topic - click here.
    ***ego booster*** Stargalaxy Threads - They lead where others just follow. :p
    A woman was asked for ID while buying fireworks in her local Co-Op and she's 50.
    If I was 50 and I got ID'ed, I would buzz off it totally.

Do I even look THAT young?!! www.faceparty.com/patsharpsmullet - just look and check for me. Cheers!
    Do I even look THAT young?!! www.faceparty.com/patsharpsmullet - just look and check for me. Cheers!
    All I can deduce from those pictures is that you're gorgeous. :)
    But I'm sure you know that already.
    They were right to ID you, child.
    lea_uk wrote:
    A woman was asked for ID while buying fireworks in her local Co-Op and she's 50.

That's just crazy :eek2:
    bad seed wrote:
    They were right to ID you, child.

I hope that was a joke. :p Even my Dad was like 'Err, she's 20...'
    I never got asked for ID till I was 21, now I get asked all the time!
    Oh well.......makes me feel young! ;)
    Some places carding is just a formality. I worked at a super market when I was 16 and was trained to card everyone. So some employees just card everyone for their own sake out of fear of supervisors.

Aww bless, I bet you look really adorable. :p

I do get ID'd sometimes depending on how I'm dressed, but Kingston is tough on ID anyway... Back home I walk where I please.
    you do look younger than 20, yes. i'd say 17-19 ish.
    i always get IDed, for everything. i'm so used to it now that i'm reaching for my driving license before they finish their sentence.

doesn't bother me. i hope i still pass for 15 when i'm in my 30s ;)
    I used to ID people for fun at the pub where I worked at. Very occasionally you'd get a guy who was obviously mid-twenties who didn't have any ID simply because he didn't bank on a wanker like me asking and so I'd refuse him!

Ahh, the memories!
    I hardly ever get ID'd any more, mind you I never used to get ID'd much in the first place! I've always looked older then I'am. I was passing for 19/20 when I was only 16.
    I haven't been ID'd for a while. Then again, the years have not been kind...
    I asked someone for ID for alcohol last week at work who was 26. Whoops!

Then agan my friend asked someone who was 32....

I get asked for ID all the time and I'm 21, mainly when I'm going into bars and clubs. Don't care, it doesn't bother me, always have my driving license just in case.
    I got ID a couple of months ago for buying some tobacco, i'm 19, could've been worse... I think it was because they didn't recognise me(Corner shop).

I ID'd a woman where I work and she said 'Erm...no I don't have any ID, but(points to person next to her) this is my 15 year old son' That was funny...if a bit embarassing

I get carded every time I go to by a smoke. It's their job to card you, and their ass if they don't.
    I've never been asked for ID, not once. And I'm rather insulted. There's me going to the meets in London, wondering if they want to see some ID. They never ask! (no wonder Hellfire wanted me to buy those drinks for him) :p
    At places in uni like the student union or the major niteclubs, everyone gets asked for id so yes then but anywhere else no, haven't been asked in a good while. And definately not for something trivial like a lottery card or packet of fegs.
    turlough wrote:
    And definately not for something trivial like a lottery card...
    I don't know about that one. Let's say a 15-year old managed to buy a lottery ticket and won some money. Camelot would have to do age verification checks. If she was found to be under age, she wouldn't receive the money. So, to be honest, it would be rather pointless to play if someone is under 16 anyway.
    stargalaxy wrote:
    I don't know about that one. Let's say a 15-year old managed to buy a lottery ticket and won some money. Camelot would have to do age verification checks. If she was found to be under age, she wouldn't receive the money. So, to be honest, it would be rather pointless to play if someone is under 16 anyway.

Yes a 15 year old, but I'm 18...and even if a 15 year old won it, they'd just give the ticket to their ma or da and they'll get the money.
    I do get ID'd but I'm only 16 anyway.... so it's not bothered me

The thing that confuses me is that I'm only ID'd buying stuff for others.... I told my Dad I'd pick him up some fags last night and got ID'd. I got ID'd buying my mum a lottery ticket a few weeks ago too, but I've never ONCE been ID'd when I've bought things.

Got ID'd buying paracetmaol when I was 14, Mum had sent me and neither of us had known that you had to be 16 to buy it!... that was slightly embarassing.... heehee.