Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I've got money riding on this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Moira Stewart. National institution. But, how old is she? I cannot find out for the life of me. My family are currently sat arguing about this, because we're a total bunch of sad acts. Find me a link, win a thing.

Failing that, I'll take an average. So, how old do you think this pillar of our society is?

Comments

• Options
    I cant believe she's had that same dodgy hairstyle since 1981 :eek:

Have no idea how old she is though, at a guess I'd say 52.
  • Options
    Hm, According to alot of sites her age is "Undetermined"... weird :P I'll keep looking
  • Options
    id say older than 52.. shes been around FOREVER!!
  • Options
    Interestingly hard to find this one - obviously true that you shouldn't ask a woman her age.

Anyway according to the bbc press office story for 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2004/09_september/24/who_stuart.shtml

Moira's mother came to Britain in 1935 and trained as a nurse and met and married her father, Harold Stuart, during the war. Now her parents divorced when Moira was just 10 months old, and here's the important quote from her mother -

"Harold and I were used to high living with servants but during the war there was the stress of rationing and making a living and our relationship couldn't survive."

So for that I'm assuming that the divorce is a result of the stress of the war. Based on this and given the description of the marriage only starting 'during' the war, rather than the 'beginning' or 'just as war broke out' I'd guess the marriage happened during the war, and the marriage ended after. Just assuming based on wartime conditions that they'd be unlikely to divorce then, especially with Moira on the way.

So theoretically I'd say the divorce would of happened around 1946 which would put her birth at around 45 - so I'm guessing she is around 60?
  • Options
    Look here

The parents married in 1943. She was 10 months old making her around 61/62?

No hang on i think i've got that wrong :chin:
  • Options
    She was ten months old at the time of the divorce, not the marriage - and they had an older kid before hand - so a bit younger than 62 I'd say
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    She was ten months old at the time of the divorce, not the marriage - and they had an older kid before hand - so a bit younger than 62 I'd say

Yeah i've figured that out now!
  • Options
    OH MY GOD we were talking about her today too. odd.

we were trying to remember if her last name was stewart.

clearly it is. i feel a little better now.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Interestingly hard to find this one

Isn't it just. :impissed: Ta for the help, much appreciated. Looks like it's between me & me ma as for who's in the money.
    My brother thought she was 47. Bless. He's only 21.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Interestingly hard to find this one - obviously true that you shouldn't ask a woman her age.

Anyway according to the bbc press office story for 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2004/09_september/24/who_stuart.shtml

Moira's mother came to Britain in 1935 and trained as a nurse and met and married her father, Harold Stuart, during the war. Now her parents divorced when Moira was just 10 months old, and here's the important quote from her mother -

"Harold and I were used to high living with servants but during the war there was the stress of rationing and making a living and our relationship couldn't survive."

So for that I'm assuming that the divorce is a result of the stress of the war. Based on this and given the description of the marriage only starting 'during' the war, rather than the 'beginning' or 'just as war broke out' I'd guess the marriage happened during the war, and the marriage ended after. Just assuming based on wartime conditions that they'd be unlikely to divorce then, especially with Moira on the way.

So theoretically I'd say the divorce would of happened around 1946 which would put her birth at around 45 - so I'm guessing she is around 60?

Wow, detective Jim! I've been wondering how old she is for the past decade! She's always been around when i've seen the news. I just assumed she was weird and let her get on with it.