Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Anyone from Southampton?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anybody here at Southampton Uni and heard anything about the explosions this morning? I was away over the weekend and got back today, to hear that a fire had set off several gas/liquid nitrogen canisters and the whole building had gone up in flames! Luckily nobody was hurt but it looks pretty bad.

5.jpg
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    jesus! :shocking:
    Yeah i heard about it. Police have issued warnings that no one should go near the area and all local residents should stay inside with the windows shut.
    Meh, just a standard day in my beautiful home town, Saffamptun.
    Here's the story - clicky
    "Some of the most advanced research work in the country, and indeed the world was carried out in this facility."

but, but, but, but its southhampton :yuck:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've just spent the day in Highfield so we could see it all going on. You could still smell it only just a couple of hours ago.

Burgess road was closed off.
    Weekender Offender 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    MrG wrote:

And what happens in dirty Durham then?
    Weekender Offender 
    MrG wrote:

But but bu it's just about where I live these days so it's a good place :p;)
    Yeah but you, like I, actually live in Winchester which is a beautiful place. I just say I live in Southampton because most people haven't heard of Winchester.
    True true, Winchester is a lovely place. Apart from making my mum sing that damned 60's pop song of Winchester Cathedral whenever I mention the place.
    MrG wrote:

Well MrG, this may come as a surprise to you but Saffampt'n is actually the best uni in the country for aeronautical engineering and marine biology - leagues better than Oxford or Cambridge or anywhere else.

We'll not all dumbasses in Saffampt'n.
    Well MrG, this may come as a surprise to you but Saffampt'n is actually the best uni in the country for aeronautical engineering and marine biology - leagues better than Oxford or Cambridge or anywhere else.

We'll not all dumbasses in Saffampt'n.

Infact most types of engineering, and 3rd in medicine. I am a geology student so I spend a lot of my time in the world's most advanced ocean research centre as well :D